Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC-COMPLETE enclosure?

Hamlet

Hi, Hamlet:

I drilled 2 holes near the top of my CTB16PC enclosures to mount it in the garage. If you plan on having the enclosure outside, you may have to think about water entering the enclosure.

Regards,

Roy

That’s what I am worried about because I am going to mount it on my Mega Tree pole. I was just wondering because I also have two LOR1602W and the metal boxes comes with two holes in them already for mounting but the plastic ones don’t. I had no problems with the metal boxes outside last year. Have I just been lucky with the LOR1602W that nothing has happened? I thought they were designed to be mounted outdoors?

Why dont you drill the holes in the back and put some slong crews in there with washers and nuts on the outside. Then attach the cable to the screw. Then you wont have an exposed opening. You can also seal it with some sealer and not worry about a leak.

Anthony

I mounted two boxes to my mega tree pole last year using pipe clamps. I drilled two holes in the back of the box and secured the pipe clamp around the pole and to the back of the box with bolts. I don't know how this would work with plastic boxes, but you could possibly reinforce it by cutting a small piece of plywood to go between the box and the pole.

Hamlet - I have the same plastic case - drill your holes, run your cable and put some silicone caulk or outdoor synthetic caulk (Menards, Home Depot, etc.) in the holes and secure it. I secure my boxes to wood with screws out of the rear of the box and each year clean out the old caulk and redo each year.

I have never had a problem.

Bill