Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR, Virtual Santa, and Shell Commands oh my!

alaskastudio

So what I am trying to do is I have several musical sequences that are music only, but I have a few that display video. What I would like to do is have my projector display Virtual Santa during the music only sequences. I don't want to remake the sequences with my music audio overlaid on the virtual santa as the virtual santa clip is 17 mins long, and if I chopped it up for each song then it would look like he was skipping between the songs. So I got thinking.  Windows Shell Commands!

So being the awesome programmer that I am (very sarcastically) I spend hours coming up with the following code:[CMD /c "D:\Videos\Virtual_Santa.wmv"], and it works great except one thing. It open the video on my main monitor, not my projector. It there a variable in LOR to use the default monitor that was selected for LOR video files, or is there a command to open the file on a certain monitor?

Under video preferences (edit - preferences) make sure you are selecting the right monitor for your projection. The only problem with that scenario is the projector will remain on and probably display what is on your desktop.

Cheers

Craig