Light-O-Rama Forums

Will Sequence work without audio?

Zach@AVCalibrations

I added 17 min to the last song of a show i set up so that the show would repeat every 30 minutes all songs included. I want this last 17 minutes to just be lights on, no audio. But when I play it in the editor it stops sidescrolling when the audio file is spent. Is audio absolutely necessary for a sequence to process?

LOR made it easy for us for that exact scenario.

1. Create your musical sequences.

2. Create a background animation (sequence with no audio)

3. Create a show that starts every 30 minutes and includes your musical sequences.

4. Include the background animation sequence. 

Audio is not necessary, that's what animation {.las} sequences are for.  The SE will ALWAYS end right at the very end of the audio, if you want to add 17 minutes to an audio file, you can do that too, use a program like audacity and add 17 minutes of silence to the end of the song, however, at least one person had issues with silent audio created from Audacity and caused his lights to turn off prematurely.

But you can add 17 minutes of silence to the audio track, using a music editor, then the SE will follow it all the way to the end of the audio file, otherwise, where the audio file ends, SE ends.

Once you add that 17 minutes of silence then you can add the extra time to the sequence and it should work.

Just to clarify as i am aware of the repeat every 30 minutes option, here is what i need to accomplish.

()=30 Minutes REQUIRED cycle

Show consists of 4 songs that equals exactly 13min and 23sec

[]=Show(13:23)

{}=17:37 lights on and no audio

([                     ]{                            })

I did the animation sequence but wasnt able to add it to my que as it only allows me to select .lms when I need the .las at end of show in which case i can just repeat. I will continue with the info yall have given me. Hope ive made everything crystal clear. Thanks for responses.

LOR made it easy for us for that exact scenario.

1. Create your musical sequences.

2. Create a background animation (sequence with no audio)

3. Create a show that starts every 30 minutes and includes your musical sequences.

4. Include the background animation sequence. 

Having trouble adding animation sequence if you care to clarify that part of it. The .las is already made im just unable to add it only wants to add the .lms files.

Just to clarify as i am aware of the repeat every 30 minutes option, here is what i need to accomplish.

()=30 Minutes REQUIRED cycle

Show consists of 4 songs that equals exactly 13min and 23sec

[]=Show(13:23)

{}=17:37 lights on and no audio

([                     ]{                            })

I did the animation sequence but wasnt able to add it to my que as it only allows me to select .lms when I need the .las at end of show in which case i can just repeat. I will continue with the info yall have given me. Hope ive made everything crystal clear. Thanks for responses.

You have to go to the box and click on the down arrow, it should show you the ,las file{s} in your sequences directory.  .lms = muscial file and is different from the ,las file, so you have to click the little down arrow icon, looks like an upside down triangle, then you should be able to add your .las file where you need it.

I got it! I used my music production software (Ableton Live) and added 17:37 of silent audio to the original mp3 and updated the sequence, tested it and now im good. Thanks for the help.

If the show is playing an animation it will end the animation early if another show is scheduled to start (or the current show is scheduled to stop)