Light-O-Rama Forums

Prdering from Ray WU

zanclus

Hi I am  considering   an order  with  Rat Wu, But I was   wondering a  few  things....

Have any of you placed orders  with  him how  did  the  transaction go?

Shipping  can  get  very  expensive id like  to order 10 of  these:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-input-WS2811-pixel-node-100pcs-a-string-injection-molding-type/701799_722405450.html

I don't  understand  how  shipping  could  be  so  high. 

Did you place   the  order  with  the  website or  contact Ray directly? Thanks  for  the info....

Cheers

Yes I have, multiple times, it went fine with exception of once this summer, I had to remind him that I hadn't received my order, and it was done very quickly after that.  I go directly to him, (learned the hardway by placing first order online). The shipping will get reduced that way, can't tell you by what percentage, but it is definitely. I had an order of 50 strings like those you are looking at, 8 power sources, 50 pair of dongles, and shipping to Florida came to 210 dollars

you are shipping via air from China. Its not gonna be cheap.

Email ray directly and request a quote. It will be much less shipping cost this way

My transactions have all went well.

When it's time to order 30 strips, ill buy from him only

I just ordered from Ray a few weeks ago and it went well. My order did get to the processing time expiration. I emailed him and asked how soon the order was going to be ready, and he asked for 2 extra days. He shipped it out one day later. Shipping was very fast. I also learned the hard way about going through the site, definitely email Ray directly.

Zanclus-  I don't know what you are constructing but you might also consider THESE.   Yes, they are pricey.  I liked the mounting 'wings' on the base.  Might also be handy in attaching to strapping and used on a mega-tree.

I sent you Ray's email address via PM in case you didn't have it.  There have been some issues posted when users used Alibaba pay system- notably when using a CC and having to provide too much personal information.  I have contacted Ray directly and have used the PayPal system many times with him.  ORDER ASAP if you plan to use anything for this season.

Best of Luck

• The topic was locked