Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Always On?

jjdurrant

For any channel I want to keep on like that, in the SE make sure ALL cells are turned on all the way to the very last active cell in the sequence, even if all lights off is checked in the SE, I have been able to keep 1 or more channels alive between the sequences by making sure the very last cell is on in the sequence for any channels I want to keep on between songs.

Not sure if there is any other way to do this, if so, I'm sure someone else will chime in with how they are accomplish this.

But the above is how I did it for the last 3 years and has worked out for me, your and others results could vary.

Put an animation sequence with just the lights you want to keep on in the background tab of your show in the show editor. 

• Like 1

Doesn't the background sequence kick in only after the last song in the show plays and not in-between songs?  

Ok thanks.. I will try.. I just assumed even doing that would still cause the lights to shutoff momentarily between songs. Appreciate the reply!

They will only shut off when the next song starts and that cell is off at the beginning of the next song.   But they will stay on from the previous sequence until the OFF command is sent to that channel from the following sequence.   Been doing like this for 3 years and has always worked for me.

Doesn't the background sequence kick in only after the last song in the show plays and not in-between songs?  

No.  Go here: http://www1.lightorama.com/help/

Scroll down to the "Bacground Section" and it will explain in-depth how it works.    It actually plays at the same exact time as the sequence.

The Background sequence runs in the background, all the time.

No.  Go here: http://www1.lightorama.com/help/

Scroll down to the "Bacground Section" and it will explain in-depth how it works.    It actually plays at the same exact time as the sequence.

You'll have to search for it, but it's in the manual.  I found it, but couldn't do a direct link to that section. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I asked the light-o-rama this very same question.  Here is their response:

"A the end of a sequence or show we do a quick reset of everything.  Depending on the type of load, you might be able to see it flash.  Does it make sense to plug this 'always on' channel into a regular outlet and bypass the controller?"

So from this response, anything plugged into a LOR controller will have power interrupted at the end of every show or sequence.  It might be only for a micro second, which may or may not be affected by whatever you have plug into that channel.  Anything that is sensitive to power interruptions SHOULD NOT be plugged into a LOR controller.