Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Arches

Doug Farish

I am very new to LOR and Superstar. What I am needing is this, I will have 4 CCRs and want to make two large arches with one ribbon and 4 smaller arches with one. I have watched all of the video tuits and not sure on how to sequence the arches to bounce back and forth. I feel like I need to be held by the hand on this but I do have a good understanding on how the programs work. Just need help n making the arches bounce.

Thanks,

Doug

Fairly simple.  Decide on the time interval from start to end of the arch, Devide the time by the numer of channels. Create a chase with each channel on for that period of time for each channel.  chase across  all the channels (will look like a step ladder on your screen).  To make then chase backwards start from the last channel and chase to the first channel of the arch. (would lk  To chase across multiple archs start with the first arch (channels 1- 40 then the second arch channels 41 - 80 etc (of course the channel numbers should be your actual channel numbers.  the length of time each channel is on before the next will regulate the speed of the chase.

Much easier in superstar. Use the morph command. You can have a tail or no tail. You can use the vis effects morph but for arches I am getting great results by just morphing each arch and then the next or across all arches.

To get bounce, morph one direction then the reverse. You can do per beat (the yellow lines in the audio section in superstar) or however you wish.

Don't forget you can nudge the morph left or right to get the arch in time. You cal also nudge the length left or right (increase time or decrease time of morph) to get a better arch bounce.

Fast and easy. And you can quickly move the morph around the song nudging to keep it in time.

For superstar you need to learn how to import your visualizations. I have specially created visualizations just for superstar to separate my elements into a position that makes programming them easier. What is on my screen in superstar is not exactly my yard. I have it so like items are on the same line in superstar. Example, my fence floods are not along my fence because they are in line with my bushes. I moved the floods up a touch so that the floods and bushes each are on their own line in superstar. I save that visualization file under a folder for superstar only. And then when I import it I can morph my lights separate of my bushes.

I do that for several elements and use that file for programming. Works good.

So for my arches they are on their own line and allow morphs across them super easy. Bounce is just a morph and no tail.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Sax

I own just one CCR which I bought mostly for a single song, Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow", from the movie itself, Wizard of Oz. I used SS for it and used the Morph command, tail, speeding it up as it passes like a comet for the lack of a better term but color changes too.

Thank you all for the replys. I will try all the information that you gave me and let you know how it works out.

Doug

Well maybe. If it is a dumb strip meaning all the lights on the ribbon come on at once then you will not be able to do the effect as you wish.

The only way to get this effect is to be able to control more than one light on the arch. CCRs have 50 lights and is about 17 feet long so you can do some pretty special effects. In contrast my arches are 6 ft long and have 5 segments. They are rgb but I don't get anywhere near the effects I could get with a CCR.

So if it is a dumb strip then the only thing you can do is break it up into segments. This means cutting the ribbon and this of course voids the warranty, and you will now need a controller for however many segments you make. For example on my 5 segment arch I take 5 slots of the 8 available on the LOR DC card.

A lot of people use the AC controller and 50 count bulbs per segment to make their arches. 2 8 segment arches per controller seems common. To me, you lose the ability to change the color of the arch and I want that ability so that is why I use the DC card and rgb bulbs.

I use bulbs and not the strip. If you cut the strip be sure to waterproof the ends with silicone. Again, the cutting of the ribbon will void the warranty.

Good-luck,

Sax

Oh, and once you have everything setup and drawn in visualizer correct you can import that into superstar. It doesn't matter if it is a CCR, rgb bulb, rgb strip or AC bulbs...superstar will morph it and make it bounce.

Sax

WOW! That sound like work. I do not want to cut the strips but will find a way to make something work, I wish I had more time and money I would get some CCRs. Oh well lesson learned. I will do my best to make this a memorable christmas for my grand kids.

thanks for the help.

Well good news, my wife llet me get a CCR.Now just to learn how to use Superstar to get it to work. been watching the video tuits over and over. I think I have it. I thinl. LOL.

Need some help again. Are the RGB dumb ribbons ran thur the same controller as the CCRs. Do I use superstar to program them or LOR? If LOR then it would be three seperate channels for each color, right? If on the CCR controler then I do not have to worry about the three seperate channels?

Thanks,