Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation vs. Visualizer ?

a31ford

Greetings All.

The animation (within the sequence editor) is this the same as the visualizer ??

I understand the animation, BUT, I'm missing something when it comes to using a sequence within the visualizer.....

can someone give me a simple comment on how to run the visualizer ?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

The Visualizer is a seperate program. If you open you Lor folder in the start menu you will see it there. Now it takes a little bit more work to get set up then the animation screen but gives you more detail in the way your display looks while programing. I like it, once you figure out the in an outs it is not that bad. Plus there are ton's of props in her on the forums that everyone so kindly shares.  Once your stage is set then there is a play button the tool bar. Click that then run your sequences and switch back to visualizer to watch. Or get to monitors like most of us have.

Thank you too both of you, 

These are the answers I was looking for.

Greg

The Visualizer is a seperate program. If you open you Lor folder in the start menu you will see it there. Now it takes a little bit more work to get set up then the animation screen but gives you more detail in the way your display looks while programing. I like it, once you figure out the in an outs it is not that bad. Plus there are ton's of props in her on the forums that everyone so kindly shares.  Once your stage is set then there is a play button the tool bar. Click that then run your sequences and switch back to visualizer to watch. Or get to monitors like most of us have.

Be sure that in the sequencer you check:

Play / Control Visualizer

Be sure that in the sequencer you check:

Play / Control Visualizer

Just to add a little more to the answers already here:

The Animator was the original way to do this sort of thing, way back when.  The Visualizer is the new and improved way.  At this point, the Animator really only still exists so as to still support old sequences.

Of course, you can still use the Animator on new sequences if you want to, but the Visualizer is the recommended option.