Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on Sequences

tdhihgt

I finally got permission from my wife to go computerized. I will start with 48 channels. The condition is that I leave the 25,000 light static display intact and add computerized to it (I will start with a "Z" tree) My question is this:

--I want the static portion to turn on with the computerized portion and for the first hour just run animation (no music) after that I want the music sequence for a while then back to just animation. I will eventually be adding some animation to the static portion such as fading between colors and what not. Will the LOR program allow me to run a musical sequence with animation and run another animation sequence on top of that for my static display to turn on and off at specific times and eventually encorporate some animation as well (but not timed to music)?

Sorry for the length of this post, but I need to know now how this would work in order to get things organized fro next year.

I'm still in the building phase myself for my first LOR year.

Have a look at the show editor, there is a background tab but I couldn't see anything in the help file, so you will have to experiment.

Of course you could run the "static" portion off an additional controller and have the channels at 100% in all sequences.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Then using the schedule editor which is nothing more than a calendar, you place the shows in the timeline where you want them to occur. Say you want the static portion to run from 5:30pm to 7pm every day of the week and then from 7pm to 9pm you want the show to continuously repeat. Then back to the static until 11pm...

Okay, so just to clarify...because I'm not quite sure about the above paragraph...in that situation i would have the static from 5:30 to 7:00 at 7:00 I would turn on the musical sequence where my Z-tree would be doing it's thing (this would be the second show) but I would still want the static show doing it's thing ( the first show) and then the musical show would end and just the static would remain from 9 to 11pm. ? thus, from 7pm to 9pm I would be running two shows at one time( the static portion and the musical z-tree portion). Is this right?? Thank you for the response.

Tony

I thought about this solution as well. Never having programmed before does anyone know, if I end a musical sequence (song) with the static portion at the "on" position then begin a new sequence (song) with the static portion at the "on" position, will there be an instant where all lights will turn off or will they remain on since they never get the command to turn off and the show is still running? This may be an easy solution to my problem. Man I can't wait til Febuary to start working on next Christmas!!!

Tony

Perfect!! that's exactly what I was hoping for. before and after the musical show I can just do an animation without music that will include the tree in it to just change colors and what not. And all I needed during the musical show was to be able to just turn lights on and leave them on so that background works great. Then as I ad fading trees and what not I can just add those channels into the musical sequence and copy and paste from song to song as they will basically be doing the same thing and if those portions shut down for a second or two betwen songs it's no big deal as long as my background will still stay lit. Thank you for your help, this really helps in the planning!!