Light-O-Rama Forums

Transferring Sequences/Music between PCs

flyersfreak78

Ok so the LOR PC is on the fritz!!!  I was going to download another premade sequence (that I can still modify) to continue to add to the show.  If I do that on this "temporary" pc will I easily be able to transfer it back to the real LOR pc later?  (I know the file paths for both pcs) but wonder if there is any "built-in" licensing during the dl process that will prohibit me from transferring the sequence/music onto another pc.  Thanks!  Jenn

I'm a newbie this year (just bought everything about 2 weeks ago, but already have 10 sequences ready to go for my 16 channel debut). When I installed Light O Rama on both my sequencing computer and my running PC I made my file paths both be on my Google Drive space. This way as I update my files, they are automatically saved/synced to both PC's...So, I setup my show on a laptop that is shut and running all day every day under a couch, but I can still update my files from my home PC. I haven't tried editing shows that way, but in theory, as long as I'm editing the show that the laptop plans on playing, it should work. 

Just a thought...

As long as all computers you sequence on has your license key, you should be fine to go. 

If you using a demo version on one and then try to move it, you'd have some issues.     

I have several PC's I use for my LOR sequencing, all have the same LOR file folder and structure, that way, when I move a sequence to ANY of the other systems, LOR finds everything exactly in the same place on each one, so I can just keep on plugging away at what I need to do on any of the LOR software suite equipped PC's.