Light-O-Rama Forums

The Fox - my take anyway...

George Simmons

Here's how I reconciled my mixed emotions. 

And it looks like it's a go for the show.  Her facial expression was a bit odd at the beginning, but at the end Sharon laughed.

Enjoy.  Or not, as you choose...

https://vimeo.com/79271429

• Like 1

That was very amusing George, especially the eyes bouncing up and down the way you did it.  Gave me a good laugh too.  Can't wait to see your actual video of the real lights in action.

LOL, that was good George. Especially the end where it sounds like a scratched record. I hate that song!!!

But at least you made it enjoyable enough to watch and not hear the whole song.

And great work on the eyes!!!

Thanks guys.

The face is taking on a lot more responsibility this year without the big rope light house tree there anymore.  It can indeed be a pain to sequence, and it's been a very anxious time.  I keep telling it that with the CCB trees below there will be no undue pressure to excel this year, because most people won't be looking at it anyway.  But I think all that's doing is starting to give it an inferiority complex.  Damn it Jim, I'm a sequencer, not a psychologist...

I mostly hate the song too, Tom, although I admit I nearly got to liking it while I sequenced it.  But thankfully that only took two or three hours so I got away before anything real bad could happen.  I wanted to show kids that I could be hip (at least for a minute and eight seconds) by not ignoring a viral something two years in a row, while showing adults that I feel their pain.  Sounds like I just might have pulled it off.

You might be disappointed in the actual video Orv - it is going to look remarkably like the Visualizer... except the shimmers and twinkles will look a lot better.   :P

Here's a link to my sequence. I'll keep the file available for the next week or two. The user is responsible for their own audio file. I used the standard-issue MP3, and deleted the remainder of the audio at approximately 1:08. Then I simply spliced in the two sfx - the record scratch and the announcer. (Google will return plenty of hits for those) Pretty basic editing actually.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5jeiya6gm5nwcw/2013%20Fox%20Say.lms

• Like 1

all i have to say George, is the the man on the house makes it. I too cant stand that dong, and yes i said dong instead of song.lol but the sequence is good and the face is fun .

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked