Light-O-Rama Forums

Ebay Prices

auwes00

Hello All, I am new to the game and have purchased all of my controllers new from LOR but can someone please explain to me why people are buying controllers on ebay used with a higher price tag than new?? Maybe its just me or am I missing something?

People will pay higher prices for almost anything on Ebay.  Usually because they think Ebay is still a good place to buy stuff. 

The reason for that is:

#1. The person buying it may need it sooner than possibly LOR could deliver it, so they'll pay the higher price.  Especially during the holiday times of year when it may be difficult to get the controller as soon as they'd need it.

#2. Some folks don't know about the LOR site and haven't really checked thoroughly into things, so they buy it for a higher price, thinking they are getting into something like a Mr. Christmas, a unit that they can just plug in their lights and the LOR controller will do all the work for them.  Not knowing what it really takes to do the displays we do and that the controller isn't something to just plug into the wall and lights start dancing to the music

#3. Some folks just like to drive the bids up and see who was dumb enough to pay the highest possible price to win it.

At least that's my speculation and opinion on why someone may pay the higher prices for an LOR Controller.

• Like 1

The reason for that is:

#1. The person buying it may need it sooner than possibly LOR could deliver it, so they'll pay the higher price.  Especially during the holiday times of year when it may be difficult to get the controller as soon as they'd need it.

#2. Some folks don't know about the LOR site and haven't really checked thoroughly into things, so they buy it for a higher price, thinking they are getting into something like a Mr. Christmas, a unit that they can just plug in their lights and the LOR controller will do all the work for them.  Not knowing what it really takes to do the displays we do and that the controller isn't something to just plug into the wall and lights start dancing to the music

#3. Some folks just like to drive the bids up and see who was dumb enough to pay the highest possible price to win it.

At least that's my speculation and opinion on why someone may pay the higher prices for an LOR Controller.

i think #2 happened in my neighborhood last year.. we seen someone with a couple of controllers in their yard connected to a few arches and nothing was happening except the lights were sort of on.

i think #2 happened in my neighborhood last year.. we seen someone with a couple of controllers in their yard connected to a few arches and nothing was happening except the lights were sort of on.

If the lights were sort of on, that would be odd, as the controllers won't just turn on lights that are plugged in, you have to be running a sequence for the lights to be on.  Otherwise, they must have had a lot of bad triacs in those controllers if lights were just somewhat on and doing nothing.  Usually an Arch will have flowing lights, that is they be moving one way or another or back and forth.    Otherwise if they just plugged in the lights to the controller channel{s}, no lights should be on at all without running some type of sequence.

If the lights were sort of on, that would be odd, as the controllers won't just turn on lights that are plugged in, you have to be running a sequence for the lights to be on.  Otherwise, they must have had a lot of bad triacs in those controllers if lights were just somewhat on and doing nothing.  Usually an Arch will have flowing lights, that is they be moving one way or another or back and forth.    Otherwise if they just plugged in the lights to the controller channel{s}, no lights should be on at all without running some type of sequence.

it was strange for sure.  there was some flicker or something going on but it didnt appear there was a real sequence.. there wasnt music or anything.  not sure what they did but we will be checking to see what they did with it this year.