Light-O-Rama Forums

copying/pasting short cut 2.9.4

jmraider

I am still using 2.9.4,  is there a short cut to copying one channel within a sequence to another channel within that same sequence.  I am currently highlighting the first cell in the channel then scrolling over to the right of that channel until I reach the end of that channel, then copying, then I go to the channel I want to paste it too and highlight the first cell then paste.  It takes time to scroll over the entire channel left to right, Is there an easier way?

Here's my version of a shortcut...

Click mouse in first cell on the row you want to copy

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing that press the End button (The entire row is selected).

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing that press the C button (Copies the selected cells to the clipboard)

Click mouse in first cell on the row you want to copy to

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing so press the V button (Pastes the contents of the clipboard - the copied row - to the new row)

It goes fast once you get used to it....

Randy

You can also right click on the first cell of the row you want to copy and choose Select Row and then copy.

or

if you have a group of channels you want to copy, click on the top left corner of what you want to copy then scroll the screen over to the end of what you want to copy and Hold down the shift button and click on the bottom right cell of what you want to copy.

Here's my version of a shortcut...

Click mouse in first cell on the row you want to copy

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing that press the End button (The entire row is selected).

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing that press the C button (Copies the selected cells to the clipboard)

Click mouse in first cell on the row you want to copy to

Press and hold Control button on keyboard, and while doing so press the V button (Pastes the contents of the clipboard - the copied row - to the new row)

It goes fast once you get used to it....

Randy

Hi Randy

Thank you for the advice....it worked great for my first copy and paste, but when I tried to copy other rows within the same sequence using the same method I could not get it to work.  Do I need to do some sort of clear between C & P