Light-O-Rama Forums

almost there - Thanks to Dave

paralegalnc

It has certainly been a challenging Christmas season already.  I want to thank my LOR buddy Dave (Big_Dog 501) for really showing up on Saturday and running most of my wiring and helping my husband get things powered up.  It was really nice to have some help for one...but someone I didn't have to hold their hand through it all.  I gave Dave my channel configurations and he went to town.  He was there like 7 hours.  I can't thank you enough.

We ran a test that night...had issues.  I THINK the issues have been worked out...gunna run a full scale test tonight.  (paper comes tomorrow to do story) Keep fingers crossed. 

Happy to help.  I hope all goes well with the test.  I'll be looking for your story in the paper.

2nd test... had DIFFERENT issues.  UGGHH but a few tweaks with the channel configuration I solved some problems.. Then a couple plug issues.  Those vampire plugs are great for the most part.  But I think we got a few bad ones.  Now just got to figure out the video issues....

I did my first test last night. Two strings were dead. Two more strings on the mega trees didn't work and two were reversed. Fixed it all today so "supposedly" I'm all done and ready to run for real. LOL, till I find something else that needs looking at. I'm going to hang a couple of strings tomorrow and tying into other circuits but I'm running 112 channels this year, plus the one CCR. Anyway, the family loved what they saw last night which was only four sequences out of the 32 that are ready to run.

Anyway, you are doing fine and you have a complex setup, so things will need working out. You'll get there and it'll look fantasic!