Light-O-Rama Forums

Help SS and 8 CCBs

Rabeiler

I have SS 24 license. I have 8 CCBs (2 strings of 50 bulbs each). The CCBs are setup in the hardware utility in dual normal mode. All 8 CCBs are on Aux A network. Using a G3PM3. I have 3 other LOR 16 channel controls, 2 CCRs and 2 CCF on the regular network.

Create a 16 segment tree in visualizer. Assigned each segment of the tree to the correct network and unit number. Created an instant sequence in SS that uses the tree that I created and exported the sequence to the sequence editor. 

When I open the exported sequence all the channel and network assignments look okay.

Created a show and the lights don't look anything like what I would expect. They change, but huge amounts of the lights are not coming on. 

What am I doing wrong?

Ross

What unit IDs are you using for the 3 16 channel controllers, 8 CCBs and the 2 CCRs and the 2 CCF?

The 3 controllers are 01, 0B, and 0C.

The CCRs are 02 & 03.

The CCFs are 04 & 05.

All on regular network.

The CCBs are 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B.

All on Aux A network.

Also worth noting that I have a different show where I just controlled the CCBs with the sequence editor and when I use that show all of the bulbs are on so I know that the g3mp3, cables, and other items are working.

I tried several different ways to create the tree in the visualize.. When I exported just the sequence and tried to load this as a sequence it would not load because there was nothing assigned to regular network. When I added a controller on regular network it would at least allow me to add the sequence in the hardware utility.

Also tried to add a channel, make it a sequence, turned it on, but still not all lights work. On,y about 20 of the 800 bulbs seem to come on.

Do some of the strings of CCBs fail to light at all? The strings that do light, do they seem to be working ok?

You probably have already done this, but the first thing to check is that the unit ID assignments in the visualization match the unit IDs actually assigned to the controllers

I'm stumped. The 20 lights that come on, are they in groups? Are they at the beginning of each string? Are they spread sort of randomly?

One thing you can try is to play the exported sequence to the Visualization. If it seems to play fine to the visualization then it means the exported file is good. And if playing it to the real CCBs does not look right, there is a difference between the visualization and the actual CCBs.

Ok - new day, fresh cup of coffee and things are better. I tested several sup files on the PC and they tree looked good. Then I tried to use the hardware utility to load a show onto the SD card where the sup was a subsequence. Hardware utility says it cannot export shows with subsequences - what's up with that. So I went to the actual exported sup file and loaded that onto the SD card and the lights are now doing what I am expecting. 

So what is the best way to use SS if I cannot have subsequences in show files?

Glad things are pretty much working now. To combine the exported SS sequence with your main sequence you will need to use copy/paste. When you do the paste, be sure the paste mode is set to "Paste by time". There is a video tutorial on this, go to the lor main page, click on "support" then click on "video tutorials". The superstar tutorials are at the bottom. Look for:

"Getting SuperStar sequences into Main sequences"

So does that mean I need to have the CCBs setup in my main sequence in the same order and then paste from the SS seq into the main song sequence? When I add the CCBs to my template sequence, they are setup different from how they are done in the SS sequence because SS treats each segment as a CCR, but in the sequence editor they are setup as CCBs with 2 strings and grouped together.

I watched the video, but didn't see much about setting up the channels and the differences between the two systems. Very frustrating.

Yes, you are correct, you need to define some CCBs in your main sequence in the same order that SuperStar exported them. It may be easiest to define each CCB string as a CCR in your main sequence since that is how they are defined in the visualization.