Light-O-Rama Forums

Crunch time!

Mr. P

A some of you may already know I found my three controllers at an estate auction a couple of weeks ago and paid $200 for them along with  a couple thousand lights. Last weekend I purchased the advanced software and usb connector and have been feverishly programming sequences for 14+ hours a day all week. So far I have completed four complete sequences which I must admit are pretty complex and should look really good.

For the last two years I have been using the Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds which is only six channels and this year is going to be a pretty big step up. This year will be three controllers (48 channels), 14,000 lights (all LED) and 22 LED rope lights. I will also have about 4,000 LED lights in a static display.

If anyone can help me out and send me some 48 channel sequences or some others I can easily modify I would greatly appreciate it. I am afraid I will not have enough time to finish since I got such a late start.

Thanks.

I too started with the Mr. Christmas.  Saved feverishly for my first controller. (keep rubbing it in about your great find LOL) started sequencing and realized ...it wasn't enough.  I was lucky to find 2 used ones through someone getting rid of them and had 48 full channels my first year.  Of course I had started in June.  I bought 6 more at the end of the season from someone changing over... I am using a total of 7 controllers this year...!  Its fun... it's addicting.  Just remember to get up and walk around so you don't get DVTs.

What is your email?  I have a few with an 8 section (wedges) mega tree.... 3 section arches... dancing roof...

I have two controller's that will be running my light show for Christmas for the first time borrowing sequences for songs is it hard to apply them to your set up and make them look good.  For example the lights on my house are where they are going to be in terms of lengths, peaks, valley's, windows, and the porch randomly. will randomly applying channels be effective in my situation? Also is there anyway to apply a random patter that the software chooses to go to the music?