Light-O-Rama Forums

cmb 24 D --rgb lights...tape..any ideas how to use and any good tips befor

SLICK_JERRY

considering purchasing the cmb24d controller for running my rgb led strip lights  . would like to know if this is posable and if there were any tricks

to using and setting it all up..any help and comments are deeply appreciated

thanks to you all ahead of time

Slick_jerry

RGB strips. Are they the dumb strips, where the whole strip is red, or blue or yellow? Or is this one of those smart strips that you can control 50 individual pixels?

The LOR CMB24D is used for "dumb" strips, where the entire strip changes color at the same time.

If you have "smart" strips, there's other solutions out there, including the TinyPix controller.

Either way, there's lots of experienced people on the forum here to help you.

They have probably already solved your problem; search the forum for a quicker response.

my strips are  "dumb"  rgb .. 4 wire .. and i was getting some one color....to cut and  splice different colors together  or to use as  section in a leaping arch for example...but i have dis[play i would like to change colors as the programs run...and  i don't have one of those strips that have each pixel controllable...I'm not that fancy  ... YET

thanks to you all...for your speedy reply...as i was curious before i bought one of the controllers...btw i was thinking of ngetting one of each...to control my single color strips too.

Thanks again

Slick_jerry

• 3 weeks later...

i got both of those controllers from LOR  the 24d  and the  16 channel dc  controllers....are they any secrets to wiring one of these up. n what size wire does one recommend to lead out of the box ...using 12v 300 4528 tapes of leds...5 meters in length..any help would be deeply appreciated

thanks to you all

slick_jerry

Just watch the videos to see how they connect.

Generally, the Positive goes to the + and the color channels go to the minus.