Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying show to SD card

aarontfarrelly

Is there an instruction guide somewhere on how to copy a show to an SD card so I can use it on the MP3 director?

We hired someone to write the show for us and he emailed me all of the files. There are mp3 files, and lms files. How do I get theseon the SD correctly so they will play the show he created?

When I try to add the show to the SD card via the simple show builder, or via hardware utility, it gives me an error saying the mp3 files cannot be found. The lms files show up and I can add them, but I don't see the mp3 files even though I copied them into the sequences file on my computer.

Any ideas?

The default location for audio files with LOR is in the LOR folder and then in the Audio folder. Make sure the LMS files are saved in the Sequences folder and the MP3 files are saved in the Audio folder. Once you do this, you may want to open each sequence in the Sequence Editor and click on play just to make sure each sequence is matched to the correct audio file. You may need to link it and then save.

• Like 1

Okay, so I was able to copy the show to my SD card and get it to play through the mp3 director. The music plays fine, but the one controller I have lights plugged into doesn't seem to be making the lights dance at all. They don't even turn on.

You'll need to:

#1 What is that controller's light inside doing - work if it's an issue..

#2 Open your sequence and verify it's even using that controller.

#3 Connect that 1 controller to the hardware utility to verify it's controller # - if wrong correct it.

Edited by Liberty-Laser

Check your license level, too. Which one do you have?

The "Basic" license will only control controllers #1 and #2. If you have more than that, you'd need to upgrade your license.

Since you had someone else make your sequences, I would check to see if they assigned each element to a controller and channel number. Open any sequence to check this (either click on the element on the far left, the window that opens will tell you or you can see all of them by opening the channel configuration). If they are not set or are incorrect, fix them in this sequence and save. Then export your channel configuration and import it into each of your other sequences, saving each time. If this was your problem you should be all set.

You should also error check your sequences. This will show you both elements not assigned to a controller/channel as well as elements assigned to the same controller/channel. Let us know if you are still having issues and be sure to be specific with your set up informaiton... it helps us trouble shoot.