Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR monitor preventing shutdown

service call

The "LOR Monitor" is another name for the Show Player. 

You're attempting to shut down your computer when you get this message? In my experience, this message is Windows telling you "I've told all the running programs that it's time to shut down, but this one (in this case, the LOR Monitor) is still running."  I don't know why the LOR Monitor would still be running, but a couple things:

(1) Often if you just wait for a little while, the program in question is just taking a while to shut down (as opposed to refusing to shut down, or being unable to shut down), so the problem resolves itself.  To be clear, I'm talking about programs in general, not the LOR Monitor specifically (or even LOR programs specifically).

(2) If waiting for a little while doesn't clear things up, perhaps try shutting down the Show Player manually, which you should be able to do via "Disable Schedule" or "Unload Light-O-Rama".  I suspect this might not help, though -- Windows is more or less trying the same thing -- but it's worth a shot.

(3) If all else fails, you should be able to kill the LORMonitor.exe process via your computer's task manager.

Thank you Bob for the info. Yes it is during shutdown and I've been using the task manager to shut it down. I'll try disabling the show next time.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what it was. The scheduler had been set to run everyday. Disabled that, and no more issues. Thank you.