Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help fast!

Mr. P

Hi all, newbie here and I need some help. For the last two years I have been decorating with a six channel Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas and last weekend I stumbled upon a find. I went to an estate auction and saw two large boxes marked Christmas decorations sitting in the corner of an enclosed porch so I investigated. I opened the first box and sitting on top were two LOR controllers so I immediately went to the person in charge of the sale and told them I would give them $200 for the two boxes of Christmas decorations and they accepted it. I quickly rushed the boxes out to the truck and hurried home. When I got home I emptied the boxes and inventoried everything.

Here is what I got:

3 x CTB16PC controllers

1 x USB-RJ45 adapter

1 x CMB24 RGB controller

22 x White LED rope lights

10 x Green LED rope lights

8 x Red LED rope lights

15 x Red LED string lights

12 x Green LED string lights

20 x White LED string lights

20 x Multcolor LED string lights

15 x White LED dripping icicle lights

6 x LED spotlights

I thought this was a steal when I finally inventoried everything, especially for $200. I am going to buy the advanced software.

I have always wanted to get into LOR but thought it was too expensive for me. Now after this find I am ready to go and I have a lot of reading and studying to do.

Where can I get some sequences to get me started in a hurry? I know it is late in the year but I would like to get something up and going for this year and then really go all out next year. 

Any help would be appreciated.

SCORE!!! There's sequences already done available at LOR and WOW lights, along with many others. Get those boxes connected and use the hardware program to insure they are working.

guess I need to start going to estate sales! heck on the cheap rope lights are $10 each!!  good deal!  congrats.

Mr. P,

Just sent you a few sequences, say go to my website:  www.santasliteshow.com, check out my music selections for this Christmas season, shoot me an email if you'd like any of those songs.  What a find!!!  You're gonna have some fun.  You already have my email address.

Mateo E.

Mr. P,

Just sent you a few sequences, say go to my website:  www.santasliteshow.com, check out my music selections for this Christmas season, shoot me an email if you'd like any of those songs.  What a find!!!  You're gonna have some fun.  You already have my email address.

Mateo E.

Thanks for the sequences, I purchased the advanced software and found a few other sequences so I am busy reading and studying everything I can.

I am looking for some traditional Christmas sequences that I can modify to fit my 48 channels (for this year) since I don't have time to start from scratch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You hit the lottery!  Being this late in the season,  I would maybe use only 1 or 2 controllers to make it a little easier on yourself since you probably don't have any props built yet.