Light-O-Rama Forums

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE message when trying to run show

deej012160

Using S3 here...   When I try to run my sequences per my 2013 Christmas Show.lss file, the LOR indicator on the bottom right goes from red to blue, but no sequences run.  When I pull up the "status" box, it is running thru a bunch of error messages "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file Windows Media Player cannot find the file.  IF you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.  I am moving all of my LOR files from one PC to another, and I am guessing I am going to have to relocate the music/media files so LOR can "find" them.  Any ideas here?  I have the media files mapped inside SE and I can run sequences just fine from the sequence editor, but cannot run a show.  Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me!!!!

Using S3 here...   When I try to run my sequences per my 2013 Christmas Show.lss file, the LOR indicator on the bottom right goes from red to blue, but no sequences run.  When I pull up the "status" box, it is running thru a bunch of error messages "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file Windows Media Player cannot find the file.  IF you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.  I am moving all of my LOR files from one PC to another, and I am guessing I am going to have to relocate the music/media files so LOR can "find" them.  Any ideas here?  I have the media files mapped inside SE and I can run sequences just fine from the sequence editor, but cannot run a show.  Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me!!!!

When copying sequence and audio files from one computer to another, you have to do one of two things.

1) Open the sequence editor, load each sequence, and "Edit -> Media" to select the audio again.

2) Make 100% sure that the files are in the exact same folder names on the two computers. Since LOR stores the entire path of the audio file, it is going to look in a specific directory each time. If your audio files are not there, that's why.

Want to make sure the files are in the same directory? You can reset the location of your LOR Directory, using instructions here.

I think I may have found part of the problem; LOR SE on my older "show PC" was defaulted to "Use internal media".  I have never seen that clicked "on" before, so I clicked it "off".  Also, I had opened up an LOR help desk case--they told me to go to "edit" "media file" to set the media files so LOR would know where to go get them.  I also copied the music files over to the audio subfolder under the normal LOR "c drive" location under the programs/x86 folder.  This worked.  I now have a working show.  Thanks very much.  I am going to do what the FAQ said to do.