Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Tree Construction-Brian?

jonathan78

Brian, I am making my tree the same as yours on Superstar. My question is where did you start with your first string and how does that have to align with the globe for everything to match up with your sequences?

Thanks, Jon

• Like 1

The lights are set up the same way as the visualizer does if you use the Tree wizard and select:

Type of Tree

360 degree, counter-clockwise

First bundle location

left

Type of Channel Bundles/Fixture

CCR Edge to Center/Center To Edge

Pixels per Bundle (CCR)

Number of Bundles/Fixtures

As for the Globe, it is hard to describe the order that the pixels have to be in. They must be in the same order as the visualization that comes with the sequences. Also, in the following video I describe the order:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my pixel tree made and pixels in the loom months ago. Just got it set up in the yard this week end. Dumb me, I used a 100' cat5 cable out the globe to my last controller on the ground, now I have to get another 100' cable to take it back to my computer. I hope I won't have any problems with this. After the season is over, I change it out. I would be a real pain to do it now. Just need to run the extension cords and hopefully run a test this weekend. Really looking forward to the pixel tree and globe addition this year. I think it will be the main attraction of my show.

I want to take you Brian for all your help. You saved me a lot  of time by offering the globe kit for sale. Also, the glow web and blacklight I got from you was a great hit with the kids this past Halloween.

Looking forward for the new 360 sequence additions.

Yes it would be better to have a shorter cat5 cable between the globe and the first CCP. What I did was buy a coupler. I plug the cat5 cable from the globe into one end of the coupler and the cat5 cable from the first controller to the other end of the controller. It is exposed to the elements, but I haven't had any problems so far.

Yes it would be better to have a shorter cat5 cable between the globe and the first CCP. What I did was buy a coupler. I plug the cat5 cable from the globe into one end of the coupler and the cat5 cable from the first controller to the other end of the controller. It is exposed to the elements, but I haven't had any problems so far.

I hope I didn't configure it wrong, but I have my first ccp attached to my LOR adapter then the second to the first and so on. I was going to be attaching #7 ccp ( Globe) to my last ccp on the ground (ccp #6) All my ccp controllers will be on there own network (AUX. A). I hope this is right or I'll be taking everything down and starting over.

It does not matter what order the controllers are connected in. You can daisy chain them in any order you want. You can put the globe on its own network if you want as well.