Light-O-Rama Forums

White color exported as a flesh-colored in sequence editor

Mdl

Hi,

I have à problem with the white color in Superstar : When I program a scene or a morph mode with a white color this white color become a flesh-colored after the exportation to sequence editor.

Someone can explain me why ?

Thank's a lot.

Sorry for my bad english but I'm french ^^

post-12182-0-82748500-1383414227_thumb.j

The LEDs in CCRs are "cool white" meaning they are actually a blue-white in color. To compensate I "re-balance" the colors that get exported from SuperStar so that the blue and green are less intense, that way, when you play the sequence to the actual CCRs the white is a true white and more importantly, the yellow is a true yellow, purple is a true purple, and orange is a true orange. The side effect is that the colors look pinkish in the sequence editor.

You can disable the color balancing by going into the Configuration dialog box and selecting "export raw color values". The colors will then look true in the sequence editor, but when you play it to the CCRs the white will be blue-white, yellow and orange will have a greenish tint to them, and purple will have too much blue.

Along with the color balancing, SuperStar also adjusts the dim colors as well. For example, if you set red at 50% in SuperStar, the value that gets exported will be something closer to 25, again this is due to the LEDs in CCRs. To get the LED to be 50% intensity you have to send a value that is lower than 50. "Export Raw Color Values" will get rid of the dimming curve as well, so that 50% exports as 50. The result will be that everything looks good in the sequence editor, but when played to the actual CCRs, the dim colors won't be as dim as you expected them to be.