Light-O-Rama Forums

mega tree Question

minkhill

I am in my 4th year and am stepping up a notch on my mega tree last year I had 4 colors (Red, white ,blue and green) on 8 channels.

This year I am using white (clear) lights to chase up and down the center pole with 7 channels and going to keep 3 colors on 6 channels (Just for lights on a tree nothing special)  but would like to use the other color to chase around the tree with 16 channels. My question is which color should I use or does one look as good as another. Just don’t want to cut up a string of lights and find out I should have used another color. Hopefully this has been tried and tested.

Thanks

Barry

This is just my opinion. Red is not as easy to see in the dark. Nor is blue in my mind. Now green is not as bright as White, but it is easy on the eyes. Yet you cant miss white. And you can tone it down a bit by using a lower intensity.

Barry,

First, I like how you explained the colors in the U.S.A. color fashion (R,W,B & G) wavingflag.gif

I too do the center pole lights going up and down.

Max-Paul pretty much nailed it.

In one song, I have red on as static while chasing green around the tree. If you don't go with white, go with green. Green will stand out better if red or blue lights are static during that chase.

But I need to ask, what kind of light strands are you using if you are "cutting" them up? I assume Icans? And why cutting just one color?

I agree with the others about using green.....but my thought is, its basically a Christmas tree and  trees are  green ....Get it???  :unsure: 

I know it's the trunk and there usually brown!!!!  But I still like green.

I assume you ment the pole.

Edited by gmac

I assume you ment the pole.

Quote from the OP, "This year I am using white (clear) lights to chase up and down the center pole with 7 channels"

I am using the same lights as previous year they are C7's and last year each color had 2 channels each so on a 10 ft tree I was maxed out on each channel.  I posted this because I am open to any suggestions so lay them on me this is the last piece of the show to complete. Here are what channels I have available, 1 for the Star on top, 7 for the center post Clear light (both these already on the tree) and I have up to 24 channels to finish out the tree.  This year don’t think I will do the complete circumference of the tree maybe 2/3 of it. The back side cannot be seen from the road.

Santas helper: I got educated on the USA Color fashion by reading the forum I am a like a sponge trying to absorb everything on here.

Barry

Santas helper: I got educated on the USA Color fashion by reading the forum I am a like a sponge trying to absorb everything on here.

Barry

I hear ya Barry, you got to be a sponge with this hobby and this forum. :D

Just my thoughts.

Maybe go 12 channels on a chase, like green. Then red & blue with 6 channels each for the non-chasing part. So you could have a red tree with a green chase or a blue tree with a green chase. Both color configs would look pretty good I think.

It's kinda what you prefer though. It will look good how ever you do it.

I'm doing red around the outside of my mega tree with hyper white up the trunk and on the star. I'm using the white sparingly, so not too worried about it being too intense or bright. We'll see how things look this year.