Light-O-Rama Forums

Track looks to be off after copying channel

Al Saunders

Hello All,

I recently copied 4 Channels from my unit 1 controller to a new unit 3 controller. I only copied 4 lines/channels because these will be mirror effects on my neighbors house next to mine. What I am seeing is as I go through the song sometimes the effects are not aligned with the grid. Viewing it in visualizer looks right but in SE the effects look off. To give you an example if I hover over a timing grid block that is full on it shows the effect but the actual effect is half in the first block and half in the next. The next block shows completely off if I hover on it which is what it should be only the effect is split between the two. Is this normal when you copy a channel? This is the first time copying a whole line. I did copy by highlighting the entire line and pasting but on a longer song it takes a long time. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Al

I would almost have to see it in person, but ..

Pasted by time or by cell?

If by cell, did you start on the same cell in each track? 

Same timing grids in each track?

Hi Don,

What I did was right clicked on the channel/row I wanted to copy. Selected row so it highlighted the whole line/row/channel all the way to the end of the song. Then went down to the channel/row I wanted to copy it to and clicked on the first cell at the start of the song. Then went up to tool bar and clicked the paste tab. I just tried it with another song and everything lines up correct. It might be something with the track or sequence. Anyway, thanks for the input and I just realized I can save myself a lot of sequencing with a splitter plug and an extension/zip cord to my neighbors house! :D

But it does seem strange what happened on the other song.

Thanks,

Al