Light-O-Rama Forums

My story for the Philippines

emjhay

Hi,

I have just been lurking around here at LOR for almost a year (don't remember the date it started), I was amazed of what LOR can do as I watch it at Youtube, where most LOR users post their video of their own light displays using LOR. I do not know if there are Filipino users who have LOR are registered on this forum, I think only a few has LOR. So, I am thinking of making a simple one for our home just to amaze our neighbor, well maybe I will only need one controller because I do not have a big front yard as those who resides in the USA where they have a huge front yard to setup their own light displays. Noise will not be a problem here in our country as during Christmas Season we prefer noise rather than super-quiet celebration, so having an FM Transmitter is out of our choice, we setup our own sound system for this one. Our voltage here in the Philippines, our country, is 220-240VAC 50/60Hz, we use standard plugs also used in the USA (the most common plug used in our country is the two-pin type plugs). One thing that I am not good at is soldering, I am not a pro-soldering person, so pardon me in this one, as I can only solder for basic repairs, that is why I would prefer the Ready-To-Go Kit instead of the DIY Kits. In shipping, I have a very bad experience with USPS delivery in our country, wherein I need to physically pick-up the package at the main post office center which is three cities away, so after that experience I try to ask if there is an available courier other than USPS. But I also lurked over at the other controller sites to see what differs them from LOR.

That's all I can tell for now...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone,

I am looking for an online store, some where in Asia, so that the delivery time would not take long if ordered from USA. If there are available store just incase, so I would not pay too much in shipping fees.

Details: Residential Series 16 Channel Starter Package - CTB16PC-ReadyToGO (I am not a solder-type person, so I cannot solder for long)
Shipping: International
Courier: UPS or FedEx (no USPS please, had a very bad experience with them)
Voltage: 220-240VAC 50/60Hz
Payment: PayPal
Reason: Well, I just saw a video regarding animation of christmas lights with music as background. So, I would like to try and install it on our house to amaze our neighbors (FM Transmitter not required, as noise is just okay in our place during seasonal holidays). It can be used in any season or occasions.
Season or Occasion: New Year, Valentines (whole month of February), April Fools (but we do not actually celebrate that), Graduation (its every March here in our country for the College level), Flores de Mayo ("Flowers of May" every May), Philippine Independence (every June), Buwan ng Wika ("National Language Month" every August), Halloween, Christmas