Light-O-Rama Forums

One month away for "Lights On"

Santas Helper

Well actually it was yesterday if you're like me and turning lights on Thanksgiving evening (November 28th).

Good thing about this year, we have 4 weeks in November versus the three weeks we had last year.

November 1st starts build up for me (after stowing the Halloween stuff away). Adding a large arch and other LED stuff and still have sequencing for these added features to do.

Looking forward to another fun season and I wish everyone good luck on their display.

Remember, if your not having fun, your doing it wrong.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Stop! Stop!  You're making it worse!  Help! Help! Help!     *covering my ears*   "La La la la la la la la la la....."   :blink:

• Like 3

Stop! Stop!  You're making it worse!  Help! Help! Help!     *covering my ears*   "La La la la la la la la la la....."   :blink:

LOL :lol:

stocking up on the ibuprofen now, for lots of sore mornings. we will start this weekend weather permitting

stocking up on the ibuprofen now, for lots of sore mornings. we will start this weekend weather permitting

Good idea James and how true that is on the sore mornings.

I'm raising my tower this weekend and start on roof lights.

This season has to start, my itchy finger ordered a 3rd controller last week and for the couple songs I sequenced I had to do for that 3rd controller. Then of course more cat 5 cable and an upgrade. The little elves in my head just want me to get more more more.

The little elves in my head just want me to get more more more.

Gotta love them little elves. :)

Santas Helper, I'd like to come see your display this year.  I've only ever seen Chuck Down's(last 4 years) and Mestalights(only last year).  I'm not sure if you publicize your location or not, but if you're willing to PM me your address or something I'd love to come check it out.  

The wife and I bought a house right after Christmas last year down in Newcastle so this is the first year I get to start building up my collection of lights and decorate my own house!  Purchased 500 cool white & blue retro C9's to line my roof this year.  I have a LOT of ridges and valleys to outline.  I'm going to build a PVC frame for all of them, so this next month is going to be busy busy busy!

Santas Helper, I'd like to come see your display this year.  I've only ever seen Chuck Down's(last 4 years) and Mestalights(only last year).  I'm not sure if you publicize your location or not, but if you're willing to PM me your address or something I'd love to come check it out.  

The wife and I bought a house right after Christmas last year down in Newcastle so this is the first year I get to start building up my collection of lights and decorate my own house!  Purchased 500 cool white & blue retro C9's to line my roof this year.  I have a LOT of ridges and valleys to outline.  I'm going to build a PVC frame for all of them, so this next month is going to be busy busy busy!

Welcome to the CLAP Club!  Since you mentioned you got a new house,  I'd thought I'd mention, LOR can be used year round with landscaping lights.  Raised flowerbeds with a bench top is a great place to conceal RGB ribbon.

Welcome aboard the fun.

Always glad to see another Okie on this forum. Not too many of us from Oklahoma get in all on this insane fun.

It would be great for you to stop by and visit or just check out the display.

I'm setting up my mega tree tower (33' tall) this Saturday around noon if you want to stop by. Another newbie is planning to stop by as well. But if not, anytime is good as well. Hopefully I can give alittle info to help out your getting spooled up for the season. But just sharing all this good stuff is what I like either way.

And as Jim mentioned, you can use LOR year round for landscaping and such.

I'll PM you.

Talk to you soon.

Tom

Mine's going up too now. First light up for me will be the 29th, night after Thanksgiving. I'm about halfway done so far. Can't wait to start testing then run a sequence. Rain coming today and for the next two days will stop me completely but still have time to spare.

We will be getting that rain tonight and thru tomorrow so I plan to either update my sequences or remod some more LED floods. But I did get some good stuff done this past weekend. Mega tree tower, roof lights and icicles done.

Yeah, I have two megatrees this year. Both are up and tied down but I've not gotten to hanging the lights on them yet....32 strings each. That same rain system is coming tonight since I'm only about 2.5 hours from you.

Yeah, I have two megatrees this year. Both are up and tied down but I've not gotten to hanging the lights on them yet....32 strings each. That same rain system is coming tonight since I'm only about 2.5 hours from you.

I've been to Van Buren a few times. I used to go to Ozark AR quite often where my ex-inlaws live. Some beautiful country for sure.

I've been to OKC lots of times many years ago. I use to be stationed in Altus, '79-'82 and had friends that lived in Moore, OK. OKC has changed so much since those days, its hardly even recognizable any more. We're in the middle of the fall colors right now and probably within a week, it'll all be done.

I was suppost to start my set up for chrismas lat weeknd, just to poped after getting halloween packed up. it took me 3 weekend to put it all out and only 3 days to put it away. go figure. still having fun will start outside this friday.

and Chrismas last year

• 2 weeks later...