Light-O-Rama Forums

nutcracker question

zanclus

I was wonderin if nutcrackker can make " instant sequences" sorta like Superstar.  I see that you can load audio but can it load the timings so all one has to do is insert effects? Thanks for any info on this.

Nutcracker doesn't autosequence, but if you use audacity you can select timing marks and import those timing marks into nutcracker - then you can select random effects and nutcracker will fill in all the effects at the timing marks.  Then export to LOR - then copy and past effects into correct locations in an LOR sequence.  Sean Meighan has several videos on vimeo.   I like nutcracker, but there are a few steps to get it to work with LOR.  Good luck

Edited by Techster

Thanks fot the info Techster... I will play aroud with Audacity and see ehat I can do. Would be nice if Nutcracker did the timings automat just cally for us.. just a thought for future additions.

I was wonderin if nutcrackker can make " instant sequences" sorta like Superstar.  I see that you can load audio but can it load the timings so all one has to do is insert effects? Thanks for any info on this.

yes, 

1) Opena  new mp3 file

2) load in audacity timing marks at open.

3) display elemenets and attach all models you want to your song.

4) Press create random effects, every cell will be assigned an effect.

total time about 1 minute

now random effects look pretty chaotic , you now need to click on teh effects and twea them to be more consistent.

There is a new feature of xlights written by djulien that puts a green/red padlock by every item in the nutcracker screens. you can now block what things get modified when "create random effects" is clicked. it basically is a huge filter on color, effects, effect1/effect2 and every item. Now you could, for example, click "random" and only spiral effects would be generated with say just color being modified.

we are working out  how to get this new version incorporated. i will certainly use it.

thanks

sean

You do have to create the timing marks in Audacity with a text file first...they don't just happen...Sean has a tutorial on his webpage that describes how to do that...unless Sean has created some super bypass that I'm not aware of yet...oh boy would that be nice!

well true, but the audacity process takes less than 1 minute to create "beat and track" or "not onsets". you then export the label file fo timing marks.

i wish i had it automated.

• The topic was locked