Light-O-Rama Forums

Sheldon_15

plasmadrive

How is your Christmas display coming along?  Been a long time since I have seen any posts from you.  Are you almost ready?

Craig

Yea it's been a while. With my new Job (working 3-4 days a week)and me being in the marching band at school (4 days a week) and church I don't have time for anything anymore! But I ended up with a ton of lights and 3 controllers. And an fm transmitter.

I had 5-7 songs sequenced on my moms laptop but lighting struck it and I lost everything. It was quite sad. But I just looked at it as a fresh start. I had my practice with those, so now I can go back and redo them better. But I haven't had the chance to do that. But I've already decided I'm dedicating my whole thanksgiving break to sequencing. And some weekends here and there.

I have one controller out right now doing an animation sequence for Halloween. No music, just some floods strobing and all my windows are chasing each other.

But I'm just can't wait for October to be over with so I can start on christmas stuff!

But after October band stuff is usually over except for football games on Friday. That way I'll at least have my Tuesds, Wednesdays, and Saturdays back.

There will be a show. No doubt.

Just might not have as many songs as planned.

But some is better than none! Lol

I had planned to have at least 25. Not sure if I'll have that many. Probably only about 10

I'd rather have 10 really good songs then 25 mediocre songs though lol

Hey Sheldon, you may want to look at something like Dropbox or Skydrive for a back-up of your sequences. It will save you the headache of losing something in the future.

Here's my shameless plug. If you're not using dropbox and want to give it a try, use this link: https://db.tt/SL3Gwz6g

Looking forward to what you created. Don't forget the videos.

Good Luck my friend

I'll give that drop box a look.

And only 4? Maybe I'm a little more ahead then I thought! Haha

I'll give that drop box a look.

And only 4? Maybe I'm a little more ahead then I thought! Haha

Yep, only 4.  People were sitting and watching too long and not giving others a chance to get parked and watch.  Went from 7 to 4 songs.  Cut the wait time way down, and people were still plenty happy. 

I may rotate those 4 songs thought this year.. if I get more done.  Adding those 3500 channels made it a bit more problematic.

10 is a darn good start.. I only run 4 because of traffic..

I ran 7 last year... but I'm buried in a residential neighborhood, it's a high traffic road, but not a highway.  During peaks, I still only have 1-2 cars at a time.  But as the display grows, I am sure that will change.  I've tried to double the display this year, but I doubled my work and still am the only one setting up.  I also bit off a lot creating elements for others, so I just started setup yesterday as my obligations were finally finished.

My road is a small country road cul de sac and the property front has only about 250'-300' of good viewing area.   Sometimes both sides of the road are jammed bumper to bumper and a string of cars waiting to get into the court.  Luckily we have about 500' of street before my house, so there is a short queque there.  Christmas eve last year took 20-30 minutes to get those 500-600 feet.   That was with only 4 songs and it was only my second year.  This will be my third and I have no idea how traffic will be.

• The topic was locked