Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio transmitter tuning please help with EDM transmitter

dartsharks1

I just purchased an EDM-LCD-RDS-EP.  The distance is fine but the clarity I am not happy with so far.  Mainly with the vocals the voices have a crackling noise, nothing crazy just enough to bother me.  I've only tried using the test antennae that came with the unit and am wondering about my options for tuning.  I've seen forum postings where the test antennae should work fine for me with crystal clear audio so I would prefer to stick with the antennae that came with the transmitter.  I've tried a few different stations with only minor improvement.  Is my best bet just to keep trying different channels? or do I have any other options?  Also, the 10/100 mW switch isn't labeled and I'm not sure which is which at this point.  Can anyone tell me is the left side the 10mw?

Thanks!

Find a clear FM channel and reset the EDM to use it.

Keep in mind that it expects "line level" signals or a reduced "speaker/headphone level" to produce a clean signal.

You may be overloading it.

Related post: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22444-edm-transmiter/?p=218109

and: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23519-edm-volume/

Edited by Ken Benedict

I found with my EDM-RDS, I had to increase the output level from the computer to get a cleaner signal and decent volume level. I know its strange but that's what worked. Obviously there's a fine line where too much volume will cause distortion and too little causes it too

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a way to reset the transmitter?  It is definitely not transmitting on the station displayed, kinda scary.  I was try to change the frequency and was one channel away from transmitting on a major local station.  I thought I read somewhere that the channels stick in the memory.