Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker as Repeater?

AndrewB

Is it possible to use the Easy Light Linker as a repeater?  For example: Unit A to Unit B and Unit B to Unit C.

I'm hoping to extend the distance but not have to use two pairs of ELL's to do so.

Thanks for any help!

One pair of ELLs will basically take the place of the cat5 cable that runs between two units. 

So, if A was connected to B with Cat 5, and the 2nd B jack had an ELL connected, you could put the other ELL in C to connect B and C

The ELL Manual  has some sample configurations that might help.

Edited by WhoDat

The ELL Manual on page 10 has an example of what our setup will hopefully look like, but will this setup work if House 4's ELL is out of the range of House 1's but within range of 3?

The ELL Manual on page 10 has an example of what our setup will hopefully look like, but will this setup work if House 4's ELL is out of the range of House 1's but within range of 3?

i'm pretty sure only 1 of them transmits. . . . the rest receive. so if 4 is out of range of 1, you might have issues. 

I have not read the manual. But I would think that if ELL 1 and 2 is on one frequency. And ELL 3 and 4 are on a second frequency. There is a possibility that you could use two sets of ELLs to do the job. Without seeing a MS Paint that represents what you are trying to do. I cant give a detailed answer. Garbage in, garbage out. And same for the other side of things.