Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb question?

Chris B

Has there been any improvement to super star instant sequence for regular led lights, non rgb? My "show" last year was all superstar instant sequenced which turned out okay, but I thought I remembered something I read maybe a couple months ago that there was to be some improvements made. Due to personal BS this year I unfortunately will end up not having the time to do custom sequencing but would still like to put on a  neat show. Thanks     Chris

In the upper left of the Timing Map dialog box there is now a checkbox to "extend length of effects." It defaults to unselected if you are in CCR Mode and it defaults to selected if you are in "Visualization Mode."

With this checkbox selected Instant Sequence on your regular lights will be less "blinky." What it does is extend an effect to last until the start of the next effect. Whereas with it unselected an effect lasts for as long as the volume for that frequency range is above a certain level.

The bottom line is that the checkbox defaults to being on in visualization mode, so you shouldn't have to select it, and any Instant Sequences you create will be less blinky. However, there are some cases where you may like the effects to match the volume of the song in which case you should unselect "extend length of effects"

In the upper left of the Timing Map dialog box there is now a checkbox to "extend length of effects." It defaults to unselected if you are in CCR Mode and it defaults to selected if you are in "Visualization Mode."

I just downloaded and started using SuperStar, version 3.9.0.0 (compiled 12-11-12), I don't see a checkbox for "extend length of effects" in the Timing Map dialog box.  Is there a newer version of SuperStar that has this option, or is this a default if my layout config is in visualization mode.  Side note, also tried to put layout config in CCR mode and still did not see the 'extend length of effects' checkbox.

Yes there is a newer version and it will have that option. Go to the lightorama web site, click on "Support" then click on "S3 Download" then click on "Download Now"