Light-O-Rama Forums

All Light Zip Tied

derekb

I just needed to share with the only group of people that would understand. I just got done with zip tying 12 cases of lights. Woo-hoo! Now on to the next project.

I just needed to share with the only group of people that would understand. I just got done with zip tying 12 cases of lights. Woo-hoo! Now on to the next project.

12 cases? wow!

Yep. It has taken me a long time to get them all done and I do not want to zip tie another thing. (at least until the sales next spring, that is)

Yep. It has taken me a long time to get them all done and I do not want to zip tie another thing. (at least until the sales next spring, that is)

I hear you...

In the last three months I've gone through over 3000 of them, with about 500 left to do.  I can barely whip myself into going into the garage and tying lights on the last of my mini-Martys

Someone ever asks me what I have the most of in the yard, they're gonna be mighty surprised by my answer.

I'm a new guy, so I have to ask, zip tied to what?

For some I zip tied to elements(decorations) in the yard. But mostly I am zip tying them into color groups as it reduces the put up and take down time and I find that they do not tangle in larger bundles when I store them.

I feel the pain of the zip ties...my finger tips are raw today...zip tied mini lights to 6 twig trees yesterday,. Only 700 zip ties, but it was an 8+ hour endeavor, and I am thankful to be done with it.

My fingers are raw as well. It is crazy the things we do for this hobby, but the smiles standing out front will make it worth it.

I hear you...

In the last three months I've gone through over 3000 of them, with about 500 left to do.  I can barely whip myself into going into the garage and tying lights on the last of my mini-Martys

Someone ever asks me what I have the most of in the yard, they're gonna be mighty surprised by my answer.

That's a lot of lights.

My fingers are raw as well. It is crazy the things we do for this hobby, but the smiles standing out front will make it worth it.

That's a lot of lights.

Agreed. 

I refurbished all my mini trees this year, converting them over to all-LED.  (about 150 zip ties for each one)  I converted two mini-Marty fan props from incandescent to LED and I constructed two new mini-Martys. (About 800 zip ties per fan)  And I created a few more superstrands of red and green. (These required ONLY about 30 zip ties per strand.)  It sure adds up fast.  I'm just glad I'm not buying the zip ties at retail.  Stores around here want as much as $9.95 for the same 100 zip ties that I can order from Monoprice for 30 cents.

Agreed. 

I refurbished all my mini trees this year, converting them over to all-LED.  (about 150 zip ties for each one)  I converted two mini-Marty fan props from incandescent to LED and I constructed two new mini-Martys. (About 800 zip ties per fan)  And I created a few more superstrands of red and green. (These required ONLY about 30 zip ties per strand.)  It sure adds up fast.  I'm just glad I'm not buying the zip ties at retail.  Stores around here want as much as $9.95 for the same 100 zip ties that I can order from Monoprice for 30 cents.

Yep, monoprice is my goto place for zip ties and cables.

Unless you need zip ties for something that weights a-lot or is going to be permanently outside, Monoprice is the best.

Unless you need zip ties for something that weights a-lot or is going to be permanently outside, Monoprice is the best.

They've always gotten my business, quick reliable, and a great price!

• The topic was locked