Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there an Easier way to edit sequences?

navyav8tr

OK so I am new to the LOR universe but not new to editing of videos using Pinnacle Studio. One issue I have been trying to figure out is there a way to play a sequence from the middle to really narrow down certain items. For example if I want to edit channels at time 2:10 I don't want to play the sequence from the beginning and wait till I hit that time to see if it came out OK. I would prefer to play it starting at time 2:00 and see how it looks. 

I use the waveform as a guide but have found that, at least for me, it would be easier to play the sequence from certain places to see how it looks. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can press the space bar to start/stop a sequence from the currently selected location.

There are also options under the Play -> Play Range menu item.

• Like 1

you can also highlight an area by dragging the mouse over the waveform area and then use your spacebar the start the sequence in the highlighted area.

You can also play at 1/2 speed under the play menu.

select any box in the grid and hit spacebar to start.

Also what James mentioned, when you highlight the timeline, you can edit all you want in that area and hit spacebar to repeat playing that selected area,.over and over and over and over again!

Gentleman I appreciate your quick responses. You have just saved me a ton of time. 

I just programmed a 144 channel song this week and after that experience I knew there had to be an easier way. Thanks again to all those who responded.