Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it just me?

paralegalnc

or does time seem to be flying by!  OMG I am sooo far behind.  I may have to use a sequence from last year and that's going to suck.  But pray God gives me a few days with some extra hours in them.  Just venting here. 

Don't feel like the lone stranger in this.  My off hours sequences ALL 125 of them had to be redone to locate the media file, for some reason the files are all in the same place they have always been, but the SE kept telling me it couldn't locate the Media MP3 file.    I have only gotten 41 of 125 fixed.   And then I have to do some copy and pasting from last years actual show sequences for what I am doing this year with no time to tweak or modify, and that still does not count getting the rest of my display elements placed and connected. not to mention setting the controllers in their respective places and plugging everything in.

I'm hoping to start my display by 10-21 for Halloween, but not sure how much I'm going to be able to get done and pull off.

So I'm even further behind the 8-ball than you are at the moment. :o

time is flying, plus here we seem to have an endless supply of rain which is hampering my setup.

Yep, that kind of put a damper on my getting things up outside for Halloween myself. {no pun intended with "damper"} LOL

So that's another reason I'm even further behind with what I'm attempting to do this year in 2013.

I just figured out that my Mega tree base is too small. Now I have to start over on it, had too much to do as it was....

I just figured out that my Mega tree base is too small. Now I have to start over on it, had too much to do as it was....

my niece is in Wichita.  She goes to Wichita State,  You'll have to let me know where you are at so I can tell her.  She loves Christmas lights and she works at Rainbows with kids with special needs.  Maybe they can take them to see the lights. 

Don't feel like the lone stranger in this.  My off hours sequences ALL 125 of them had to be redone to locate the media file, for some reason the files are all in the same place they have always been, but the SE kept telling me it couldn't locate the Media MP3 file.    I have only gotten 41 of 125 fixed.   And then I have to do some copy and pasting from last years actual show sequences for what I am doing this year with no time to tweak or modify, and that still does not count getting the rest of my display elements placed and connected. not to mention setting the controllers in their respective places and plugging everything in.

I'm hoping to start my display by 10-21 for Halloween, but not sure how much I'm going to be able to get done and pull off.

Yep, that kind of put a damper on my getting things up outside for Halloween myself. {no pun intended with "damper"} LOL

So that's another reason I'm even further behind with what I'm attempting to do this year in 2013.

I guess I am doing it wrong.  I think last year I had 5 sequences.  why on earth would you need so many?? even 31?    I make like a 18-20 minute show and repeat it.  this way there is time between shows for cars to leave and new ones to come.... time for us to fix something if it needs it...

I had a family stop by recently and ask me if I was doing the display again this year, which of course I am. They told me each time they would come by either direction, passing this house, they would stop and watch for a few minutes at a minimum. They said they never heard the same song twice. That was my hope. Last year there was 28 songs and so far this year, 31. I might do another since its an old favorite of mine that I grew up with. The three I added already are in that category.

I lowered my count to 4 songs.  People stay too long to watch the entire thing when I had 7 of them out there.. too much traffic

"sequences ALL 125 of them"

Wow, I thought I had a lot at 31 sequences. :o 

That doesn't include the actual show sequences either.   Those 125 are single channel sequences for the daytime {non show} music.  I think I have around 30 Halloween songs sequenced and around another 35 in my WIP folder! :o

I guess I am doing it wrong.  I think last year I had 5 sequences.  why on earth would you need so many?? even 31?    I make like a 18-20 minute show and repeat it.  this way there is time between shows for cars to leave and new ones to come.... time for us to fix something if it needs it...

I cut many of the songs down.  Some may have been 4-5 minutes long, cut back to anywhere from 1:30-2:30 minutes, give or take another 15-20 seconds.  And most of the sequences are single channel for playing music and announcements only during NON-Show hours.  Show sequences are usually about 30, but do have another 35 in my WIP folder.   Hoping in 2014 to have a different set of songs for each day of the week and cut the show sequences back to around 8-10 different songs each night.

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes mine says the file can't be found too!  what did you find was the problem?

sometimes mine says the file can't be found too!  what did you find was the problem?

The only time I get this error message is when I've moved the audio files around, or copied the sequence from a different computer, which had a different directory structure.

With in the sequence the audio file is stored via full directory and file name. If you move things around, it won't be able to find the audio.

Have no idea, the audio file and directories are all 100% IDENTICAL on all my computers!   

But sometimes the .lms sequence file just loses the audio file.  I have found no rhyme or reason for this at all.   What I do is go to the media file area in the SE and see what the file name and location of the audio file is, browse back to the location and re-select the audio file and re-save the sequence.   It's the only way I've ever gotten the audio file back into it's sequence file.  

Not sure why this happens, but has happened to me several times starting from my 2nd year of using LOR when tweaking, modifying and re-saving the sequence.