Light-O-Rama Forums

problems with d-light

galightfreak

I purchased two used d-light controllers back in Febuary 2013. They work great but i never bought the d-light dongle. I have a generic dongle but it will not operate the controllers. I'm guessing due to lack of firmware. D-light has now apparently gone out of business so i can't buy a d-light usb485 adapter. I had planned using Aurora software. Will LOR software work? Will a LOR usb adapter work my d-light controllers. I feel kinda stuck with Christmas rapidly approaching. I am very green to all of this. This was going to be my first year. Any help would be appreciated. I am a firefighter so type slow and use plain english please. Lol. Thanks, Wade.

Hi Wade,

Welcome to the madness! I'm an Aurora uses that combines both LOR and D-Light on a single network. I use an LOR usb485 adaptor to the first LOR controller, then place the D-Light controlers down stream. Haven't had any problems. I like the Aurora software a whole lot; however they're overdue for an update to the software. You might want to ask the same question on the Aurora forum.

good luck!

I use D-Light controllers and switched to LOR software this year due to issues I had last year wirth Aurora and no help with the problems I had.  

An LOR USB485 will not work with D-Light controllers for firmware updates and the D-Light Hardware Utility (It didn't work for me and other in the PC forum stated the same). As BuckeyLights stated, they will work in the daisy chain (I am not sure if they will work if they are the first controller, but I know they will if they are further in the chain besides first). You need a D-Light adapter. D-Light is not shut down, he fixed my controllers. Just go to the D-Light site and email and ask for an adapter. That's what I did and he sold me one. Email your issues at the D-Light site. The D-Light guy has been responsive to me as of this morning.

I hope this helped. This is my second year and the people on the Planet Christmas forum and the LOR forum have been great. I am glad to contribute some experience, even if limited.

• Like 1