Light-O-Rama Forums

Apple uses...?

pyromill

I'm curious what to do with apples other than applesauce, juice, cider, pectin, pies, pie filling, sauce, butter, jelly? I have lots and lots available made all but the cider so far as my homemade press is buried in my parents basement

Anyone got something to share?

HARD apple cider... that there is a reason to dig the press out!  OR    Apple Pie Moonshine.

Apple cider vinegar, fruit leather, dried apple rounds, or dried apple chips.  Caramel apples... 

A pile them up outside as an appetizer ... prior to receiving your own venison....  (It's legal where I come from)

HARD apple cider... that there is a reason to dig the press out!  OR    Apple Pie Moonshine.

Apple cider vinegar, fruit leather, dried apple rounds, or dried apple chips.  Caramel apples... 

A pile them up outside as an appetizer ... prior to receiving your own venison....  (It's legal where I come from)

as we say here "you ain't right"!!

Two of those ideas really make me wish we had a dehydrator. The alcohol containing ideas I've thought of using my pressure canner with a worm coming off the vent pipe. Apple rounds that is something like a coffee or tea cake from what I'm finding. Is that correct?

• The topic was locked