Light-O-Rama Forums

Background photo help needed

Rogue57

Ok so not sure if its my computer or something I am doing wrong here...

I want to add a photo of my front yard to see how my lights will work.

Can anyone tell me how do I go about sizing the photo to get it the biggest I can make it in the program. I seem to be having

troubles getting it to size correctly.

I have taken my photo into the paint program and tried to size it there but that doesnt seem to be working out either.

Is there a tutorial video on this item I can view and figure out how to do this?

Thanks for everyones help in advance

Roger Fettig

Animation window (inside the sequence editor) or the Stand-Alone Visualizer?

One thing to keep in mind that with the visualizer, bigger is not better. A larger picture, and thus a larger area with which to place lights, will impact the performance of the Viz. 

"I want to add a photo of my front yard to see how my lights will work.

Can anyone tell me how do I go about sizing the photo to get it the biggest I can make it in the program. I seem to be having

troubles getting it to size correctly.

I have taken my photo into the paint program and tried to size it there but that doesnt seem to be working out either."

What is the resolution of the photo you have taken?  Which version of Windows are you running? 

Paint will not do what you want. 

If you don't have a photo editing program, then try a Picasa from Google. Its free and does a whole lot more than you are asking. 

If you have Microsoft Word you can use it (not the best, but usually works) - send me PM if so.