Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Training - 10/04 and 10/05

Don

The training sessions for 10/04 and 10/05 have been scheduled.

Each course is $12.50

Date/Time, Course, Registration Links

10/04 22:00 CDT - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate
10/05 16:00 CDT - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate

Register here for the Sequence Editor Course.

10/05 19:00 CDT - LOR Visualizer - Basic (How to set up, use, etc.)
10/05 21:00 CDT - LOR Visualizer - Basic

Register here for the Visualizer Course.

Course descriptions

--------------------------

Basic Sequence Editor Course

Set up a 32 channel display, assign controllers and channels, pick colors, etc. 
Various ways to add channels to your sequence. 

Discuss using the channel setup in other sequences, without having to type them all in. 
A quick discussion about the amperage limits of the controllers, and how you should keep them in mind when setting up your display. 
A review of the effects available in the sequence editor. 

Intermediate Sequence Editor Course

Tracks - How to use them effectivly 
Groups 
RGB Channels 
LOR Cosmic Color Device (CCD) channels 
Clipboards 
Saved Tools 
Beat Wizard 
Tapper Wizard 
Timings - The many ways to use them 

Visualizer Course

This course will be a basic introduction to the Light-O-Rama Visualizer. We will show you how to set up the visualizer so that you can preview your sequencing without having to wait for your display to go up. 

We will use a 32 channel display and show you how to set up the channels in the Visualizer and then quickly define the UnitID and Circuit of each channel. 

After completing this online training course, you will be able to assign your channels to your display in a quick and simple manner. You will also be able to make changes to your visualizer in a quick and simple manner. 

There is no guarantee that any RGB devices will be covered during this course. However, if time permits the RGB features will be limited to Light-O-Rama products only. 

One hour and 15 minutes total for the beginning and intermediate Sequence Editor training??  Seems kind of short.  Thoughts???

One hour and 15 minutes total for the beginning and intermediate Sequence Editor training??  Seems kind of short.  Thoughts???

I won't end it right at 75 minutes, just because that's what it is scheduled for. Based on past sessions that I've had though, I would expect we'd cover quite a bit of ground in that time period. I suspect that we'll run 1h30m, or even 1h45m in it's all said and done.

I am registered. I too feel the time for basic and intermediate seems a bit short. But nothing ventured, nothing gained and the willingness of the instructor to run overtime speaks volumes to me.

I am sure I will gain my $ worth in knowledge.

See you Saturday (but you won't see me) or is this a two way video deal? Do I need a camera? Any suggestions on best way to record cause my memory not so good?

Do I need a camera? Any suggestions on best way to record cause my memory not so good? 

Chip

I am registered. I too feel the time for basic and intermediate seems a bit short. But nothing ventured, nothing gained and the willingness of the instructor to run overtime speaks volumes to me.

I am sure I will gain my $ worth in knowledge.

See you Saturday (but you won't see me) or is this a two way video deal? Do I need a camera? Any suggestions on best way to record cause my memory not so good?

Do I need a camera? Any suggestions on best way to record cause my memory not so good? 

Chip

No, you won't need a camera. Just a phone to dial into the audio. (Or you can use your computer speakers and microphone.)