Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! Singing faces reflecting in windows - distractingly

lowepg

So I got my first wire frame face mounted in the window.... made my custom SPt2 cords (crazy easy) and waited for dusk to try out the first face.

Well, it lit up great- only problem- the window behind the frame was reflecting the lights and creating a double image!?!?

I thought mounting over windows was pretty common- so I cant be the only one to experience this?

Arg!

Before I mount the other 3 I was hoping one of the veterans could chime in- it was pretty disappointing after waiting so long to see it "on the house"

I don't do Halloween but for your problem you could either tape the back of the lights, or use a piece of coroplast  black would work nice to cover to entire back of your frame

I don't do Halloween but for your problem you could either tape the back of the lights, or use a piece of coroplast black would work nice to cover to entire back of your frame

I tried it with a black garbage bag over the window (NOT stylish!) and it was literally, night and day ;-)

I think part of the problem is the frame site about 8-9 inches out from the window and it magnifies the problem.

Anyways, I think I will get a sheet of black coro to back the frames. Sheets and cardboard just wouldn't holdup in the weather IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions!