Light-O-Rama Forums

110v connectors

deonb

I general run a bunch of shared neutrals in my display. It works fine, but I haven't found a great way to connect the whole setup up.

Last year I was just running the controllers into screw terminal blocks, and then the lights from there, but they're a pain to work with if you have to fasten up hundreds of screws under the eave of the roof.

I've considered just 110V plugs (vampire) and wire it differently, but it's far too easy to make a mistake if you wire them in a different way than live + neutral.

Ideally I want something that can carry 9 wires or so, but still have a quick-connect style mechanism like a normal 110V plug. (Or even better, a quick-connect with a single screw to hold the whole set in place).

Any suggestions?

I use Molex connectors. I have used them for a 4-channel chasing incandescent candlestick string I made, every year since 2007 (60 C7 bulbs total), and the connector has never failed. The connector sits on gravel, out in the weather.

• 1 month later...

As @steven said, Molex connectors will be the best option for your specific problem but seeing as you want something that is a little more standard than that, like 110V connectors, I'd suggest searching for them at mouser. Mouser has some great deals on such connectors however, wires will be an issue there, and don’t buy wire rolls there because they'll sell you wire only in roles. I'd suggest visiting your local electrical store for this purpose, they might be able to offer you very cheap alternative options for your specific issue. Do let us know later on.