Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Visualization

equinator

I'm attempting to get the SuperStar visualization mode to work with my layout, and am running into a snag with where the morphs and scenes are being placed on an existing sequence.

My layout is rather odd, with 3 trees with 4 zones of 4 colors on either side of the 12 ribbon CCR tree that is topped with a 3 string CCP star. Infront of the trees are four 2 CCR arches on either side.

I set the networks up with the idea of 4 CCR ribbons per network. The AC controllers are main, Unit ID 01-0E, the CCP Star is Net A 0F-12, the CCR Tree starts at 13 to 1E.

What kind of arrangement should I set up for Superstar so that an existing sequence can be properly placed onto the tree? Currnetly, the sequences that I load places things all over the place.

When SuperStar decides how to map the lights to the sequencing grid it does not look at the unit IDs. You can assign the unit IDs anyway you want.

If you want to run 12 CCR sequences on your layout, the key is for the 12 CCRs to be mapped to the bottom sequencing rows. SuperStar will always place CCRs at the bottom so if you 12 CCRs were the only CCRs in your layout then they would always be at the bottom. However, you have other CCRs in your layout, so you must place the 12 CCR tree at the bottom of your layout. SuperStar looks for rows of lights and will place the lights on the bottom most row on the bottom sequencing rows.

In the next release of the software, SuperStar allows for importing two visualizations. One is called the Row visualization, and is to be laid out in rows the way you want them mapped to the sequencing grid. The other visualization is called the Real visualization and is to be laid out the way your display really looks. This gives you control over how to map the lights to the sequencing rows and still be able to play it back to a visualization that looks like your Real display. This feature is in the release that is currently in beta.