Light-O-Rama Forums

White twinkling lights for 12v system?

Teddy

Is there a way to string a tree with a few hundred white lights that twinkle and can be hooked in to either a traditional low voltage landscape system or a LED driver?

I can't seem to find any.

If twinkling is not an option then just white lights would work.

Thanks for any advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that you may be hard pressed to find twinkling LEDs in 12v as an off-the-shelve item.  There are 120v strings available which allow every 6th bulb to twinkle.

The only other option would be to string pixels in the trees and program away.  There are individual 12v "flashing leds" (I think they are 5mm) that you may be able to wire into a string.  May be more effort than its worth

Look at some of the battery operated lights and see what voltage they run on. I have seen any ware from 1.5 volts to 12 volts.

I believe landscape lighting uses 12 to 22vAC and led's use 5 to 12vDC, so they are 2 different sources of power, and cannot be mixed.

I believe landscape lighting uses 12 to 22vAC and led's use 5 to 12vDC, so they are 2 different sources of power, and cannot be mixed.

He could use one of the LED drivers that convert 12 AC/DC to 12 DC such as is used in a lot of the 10w LED floods