Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Question on assigning channels and purchasing "Packages"

dutch

I am completely new to LOR but would like to ask a couple questions before I buy the controllers. I do realize that I may be a little bit late for 2013 but Im going to try and build my first small light show this year. 

Sorry if this are a stupid questions. I just cant figure it out and have searched the internet for the answers but have not found the answer.

I am mostly interested in a mega tree with 2 colors, 10 mini trees with 2 colors and then maybe a couple other things like the ridge of the house, bushes or windows. Im not sure yet.

I am figuring 32 channels for the mega tree if there are two colors.

I am figuring 20 channels for the mini trees if there are 10 trees with 2 colors.

So I am at 50 channels so far.

If I buy the 64 Output Christmas Controller Package I will have 14 channels left?

Since the package comes with 5 sequences. Can I reassign the other 14 channels  

1. Can I use those 14 channels to decorate trees, bushes or windows?

2. How does the software know that I have 10 mini trees instead of 12?

3. When I buy the "package" with the 5 included sequences does it ask you at the beginning what are all the lights you have? or how many.

4. I noticed in the video for the " 64 Output Christmas Controller Package" has the mega tree in only white. Is it a huge program change to have the tree be white and red? In essence using the 16 channels that would be used for the arch's and use them for the second color on the mega tree.

Im trying to buy the package this year in order eliminate some programming. I will try that for 2014.

Thanks for any help. 

dutch

This sounds like you are asking about a package sold by WowLights, as LOR does not have a product by that name.

That having been said ...

1) You can use the channels any way you want.

2) You would have to re-program the sequences to use 10 instead of 12.

3) Educated Guess - The channels are already going to be configured.

4) Won't be a problem. You might end up doing some reprogramming, as those channels would have been programmed with an arch in mind, not a tree.

I really appreciate your reply. I have one more question about making the mega tree. It's not how to build the tree but more on how the run the lights. If I build the standard 16 channel tree with one color. I would have 16 stakes in a circle around the pole. Does channel 1plug in at the bottom, run up to the top of the tree and

1. Run back down to the same stake.

2. Not run back down.

3. Run over the top and back down the other side.

I do realize there are many ways to do it. Just wondering what is the simplest way.

If you then wanted to add another color. I'm assuming you would run the second color of lights the same as the first but plug channel 17 in next channel 1 and channel 18 in next to channel 2.