Light-O-Rama Forums

Maybe a noob...need help with box.

hughbach

I am doing a quick set-up for halloween using 2 boxes. The second box, was a new box that I have not used previously. (Boxes are CTB16PC). The box does not work with HWU and will not play show. I have the license that allwos me to use multiple boxes and I have used up to 3 boxes this past christmas. The comm channel is set correctly. The fuses are good. I set the box up correctly as box 2. The green LED in the box is a solid green. May I also add, HWU finds the box but when I "test" or use "console" I get nothing from the lights. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thank you!

On the Hardware utility, have you "Refreshed" the list of devices and hopefully see two different ID's such as Device address 1, 2? I would think it see's it is the green light is solid on. Both boxes must have different addresses as I'm guessing you know already. If you connect just the one box alone, does the hardware utility see it and can you command it? You might have to do a box "reset" on it which the instructions are in the manual that came with it.

Ok, so if you see both boxes, then the next step would be the reset function. Its covered in the manual for your box. Basically its briefly jumpering two pins together then removing the jumper and all should be good. Depending on the model of your box will make the determination on how to do this. Past that, if you still get nothing from the box, then you probably have a bad box...contact LOR support for help or replacement.