Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Training - Planning for weekend of 10/5

Don

This was mentioned in another thread. Another idea I've had is to have multiple LOR training sessions in a 24-48 hour period. Would start sometime on a Friday evening (or 11a Saturday in Sydney) with 3-4 sessions over the next 48 hours. (Maybe more, depending on demand.)

Right now the plan/idea, etc., is the weekend of 10/5.

Right now I have 3 courses that I've created.
LOR Basic Training - Sequence Editor
LOR Basic Training - Visualizer
LOR Intermediate Training - Sequence Editor

Another class idea would be a General LOR software overview. For example, highlights of each of the programs in the LOR Software Suite.

I've been asked about having classes on the Superstar Sequence Editor. Honestly, though, I don't know it well enough to answer a log of questions. Granted, I'm sort of being thrown into it this season, so I may know more by that weekend. Where was I? Oh yea, that's a long winded way of saying that if there is a SSE class, it would be free. Those who know the SSE well would be invited to join and share their knowledge.

Here are the questions for everyone here.

What classes would you want to see that weekend?

Is one week enough notice with regards to the times? While I would try to publish the times this weekend, it might be next (9/28) weekend before I can.

As for the times, I'm well aware of US time zones. I pay attention to London, and keep up with Sydney. That said, I'm not a robot, and do require sleep. :) I will, however, try to have class times throughout the day/night so that regardless of the timezone, they will fall during normal hours, and not the overnight times in your timezone.

Let me know here in the thread. While I like the training aspect, I'm not going to stay up all hours of the weekend for 3-4 people. :)

I'm certainly interested in trying to attend one.  It's always a challenge for me, as free time is few and far between.  But I could use all the help I can get.  I'd probably do the basic or intermediate sequencer training.  I've done some songs on my own, but it's almost completely winging it.  I really have no clue what I'm doing.  Maybe besides just talking about how to use the software, people can join in and discuss tips on sequencing.  How to create certain effects, when to use them, etc...

Currently I have 4 times in mind for next weekend.

10/04 22:00 CDT - Timezone Conversion

10/05 16:00 CDT - Convert Time

10/05 19:00 CDT - Convert Time

10/05 21:00 CDT - Convert Time

I *might* combine the basic and intermediate Sequence Editor session into one, thus allowing me to run each of the sessions twice that weekend. I'm trying to make the times somewhat reasonable for the US and Australia. To see what time this would be in other time zones around the world, click the links next to the times.

Yes, the sessions may be recorded. No, I haven't found a distribution method that I care for, so don't expect them online anytime soon. (Sorry.)

Going with the times listed above. Times and the training classes are listed below.

Registration links later tonight.

10/04 22:00 CDT - Timezone Conversion - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate

10/05 16:00 CDT - Convert Time - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate
10/05 19:00 CDT - Convert Time - LOR Visualizer - Basic (How to set up, use, etc.)
10/05 21:00 CDT - Convert Time - LOR Visualizer - Basic

• Like 1

Don:

These are Live correct? Any plans to offer Video series?

They are live.

Yes, the sessions may be recorded. No, I haven't found a distribution method that I care for, so don't expect them online anytime soon. (Sorry.)

They are live.

I just cannot make the live sessions. I hope you figure out a way to distribute the recorded sessions soon.

Going with the times listed above. Times and the training classes are listed below.

Registration links later tonight.

10/04 22:00 CDT - Timezone Conversion - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate

10/05 16:00 CDT - Convert Time - Sequence Editor - Basic and Intermediate

10/05 19:00 CDT - Convert Time - LOR Visualizer - Basic (How to set up, use, etc.)

10/05 21:00 CDT - Convert Time - LOR Visualizer - Basic

Hi Don,

thanks for the time zone conversion, that makes it easy for me. Providing I don't called away with the fire brigade, I will pop in I might even learn something like Setting up tracks.