Light-O-Rama Forums

Import Visualization Pair **** Heads Up when Exporting

bob_moody

Bob made some good observations in his post. He is correct, when importing a visualization pair it always exports using the Real visualization. The new VisEffects always use the Real visualization so in order to support all possible effects it uses the Real visualization.

If the Real visualization has more channels than the Row visualization such that you cannot export it with your license level, then one workaround is to create a Real visualization that has fewer channels in it.

Also, he mentioned having trouble with the white color control, that it did not always work with the clear lights. It should work all the time, if you have an example of a case where it fails, please email the visualization and sequence to brian@superstarlights.com

To all that may look at this and wonder what happened. I wrote about a situaltion where I was using dissimilar visualizations and found out that first of all it was rather redundant since you dont see the rest of the elements when you do what I had done and secondly, I didint want anything I wrote to be misinterpreted as a knock on LOR, SS or especially Brian ...

When I deleted the content it was showing there had 0 views.. Either Brian had already read it and it didnt update yet or ... Admins have super secret squirrel powers .. LOL ..

As for the white color control, I can reproduce something interesting. When I perform a VisEffect across the entire sequence and bring ONLY the white slider up to 100% (R, G, and B are all at 0%) the incandecent bulbs that are labled as white appear to light up fine in the sequencer, The RGB elements do not light up at all .. even white...

I can perform the exact opposite function and bring R,G, and B up to 100% and all the RGB elements light up as white AND each of the single color incans will light up (i.e. those that are marked as R, G or B) BUT .. the incans that labeled as white (for clear) do not light up ...

A drawback of sorts for those of us that still mix RGB and INCANS... If you want to sweep across the entire display and have ALL the lights come on.. all your RGB elements will be white and of course the single color incans will light up accordingly...

Perhaps a switch that says, I am an incan light... i will turn on with any color input.(?)... BUT since the incans are slowly going the way of the DoDo .. Not sure I could sell the idea as an update option...

Bob

It gets confusing because white produced by combining Red, Green, and Blue is different than white using the white color control. The white color control applies only to non-rgb lights that are white. This means it has no effect on RGB lights because they are red, green, and blue.

• Like 1