Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to Order Lights

vanroej22

Do be aware that not all offers are valid. I placed an order this past spring with one vendor for lots of led's - they acknolwledged the order but have never delivered or asked for payment. It was a waste of my time and energy. Just stay with established vendors who are honorable and you will do fine.  The vendor I happed to order on has a main business of fireworks apparently and does not appear to care about customers. (they simply don't respond)

Do be aware that not all offers are valid. I placed an order this past spring with one vendor for lots of led's - they acknolwledged the order but have never delivered or asked for payment. It was a waste of my time and energy. Just stay with established vendors who are honorable and you will do fine.  The vendor I happed to order on has a main business of fireworks apparently and does not appear to care about customers. (they simply don't respond)

Who???????

Who???????

Yep, I was wondering too.

I hate it when there is guessing involved when helping folks. Why do people do that? How does that even help?

Yep, I was wondering too.

I hate it when there is guessing involved when helping folks. Why do people do that? How does that even help?

Having not had any response, I choose not to name the company. Tonight however, I have just received a Fedex notification about a shipment being made, so it may be that this vendor was just very very busy.   Overall, my experience has been very positive to all the vendors who are mentioned here at LOR discussions - I would rather compliment good service. 

How does the CDI pricing works?

E.g. they are quoting $240 for 100 incandescent mini-lights:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/SiteResources/Modules/webstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=449

However, that's of course way too much for a single strand.

They mention in the description they pack it into a case of 24, but that just seems you need to order it in bunches of 24 (otherwise it's 40% extra). Or is the $240 really for a case of 24 (down from $380?)? That still makes no sense - that would be $10 per strand ($15 original), which far too much for incandescent.

Or alternatively should we read it as 100 "mini light-sets", so $2.40 per strand, which is more reasonsable, but not a price generally available outside Home Depot.

How does the CDI pricing works?

E.g. they are quoting $240 for 100 incandescent mini-lights:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/SiteResources/Modules/webstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=449

However, that's of course way too much for a single strand.

They mention in the description they pack it into a case of 24, but that just seems you need to order it in bunches of 24 (otherwise it's 40% extra). Or is the $240 really for a case of 24 (down from $380?)? That still makes no sense - that would be $10 per strand ($15 original), which far too much for incandescent.

Or alternatively should we read it as 100 "mini light-sets", so $2.40 per strand, which is more reasonsable, but not a price generally available outside Home Depot.

You have to order by the case with CDI. For that item you would have to purchase the case of 24.

But a case of 24 for $240?? (Originally $380!).

Do they have gold-plated connectors?

CDI sells more of a commercial product......I think your comparing the pricing to a Walmart Product  and there is no comparison.......I've been using there LED lights for 3 seasons now with no problems. And in the past I used the big box store flavor of lights with some type of failure issue every year.  So for me the peace of mind I get knowing that when I plug my light strings in there going to work far out weighs the cost factor. and time it takes to get another set cuz of a failure and replace it every year.........  Hope this helps.

CDI sells more of a commercial product......I think your comparing the pricing to a Walmart Product  and there is no comparison.......I've been using there LED lights for 3 seasons now with no problems. And in the past I used the big box store flavor of lights with some type of failure issue every year.  So for me the peace of mind I get knowing that when I plug my light strings in there going to work far out weighs the cost factor. and time it takes to get another set cuz of a failure and replace it every year.........  Hope this helps.

Ahh. Yes, I see now. Their product seems to be for commercial displays, since it is vandal proof, prevents twisting of the light in the socket etc.

Ok, they definitely have their place. It's just not the product I'm looking for.

I just want to buy 300 strands of normal incandescent "wallmark-quality" lights, but I don't want to wait until November to buy it. Is there anybody else that sells the "Wallmart" or "Home Depot" quality product this time of year? I've seen on Alibaba for $1 to $2, but I've never bought from there and don't know what to look for in terms of vetting a supplier.

our walmart will have their stuff out middle of this week from what they told us.  lowes had a few things out and garden ridge pottery has quite a bit of stuff out.  might want to check with your local stores to see when they plan on putting them out.

if i remember correctly garden ridge out here was $5.99 per 100 incan

Edited by gc75067

I just purchased lights from Lowe's yesterday (9/22) as their Christmas decorations are on display.  Also purchased lights from Costco about 2 weeks ago, but the selection is limited.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought my 5mm LED,s from holiday light express...There in Mich. and I,m in ohio...They were here the next day,UPS..You know they are good people when they inform you of there after Christmas sale and how much you can save !