Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing trees lighting question

Wayne K

After kicking this around for a couple of months, I decided to order the quartet of singing trees from Holiday Coro and try to get them into my display for this year. For those of you that have these, What colors have you used for them? And what is the preference for lights, incans or led's? I am looking at the led's, but this late in the game not sure there worth the price to get this done with led's. 

Channel 1 Lip

Channel 2 O mouth

Channel 3 Middle mouth

Channel 4 Bottom mouth

Channel 5 Lower lip

Channel 6 Eyes open

Channel 7 Eyes closed

Channel 8 Tree outline

Thanks for any info

Wayne

I use green for the outline and white for the eyes closed and lips. I use different colors for the inner eye open channel. I'm using incandescent. they seem to work best for me because I have a small yard. Only about 25 feet of front yard viewed from the street. If i had a larger yard and the viewing was from a greater distance I think LEDs would be preferred. of course LEDs use less power the incans. 

I am also using one of the trees for the halloween display as an evil tree with an orange outline and red eyes. I modified the eyes to give them an angry look. here it is.

Kenny

post-7264-0-94939600-1379257213_thumb.jp

I am waiting on my M6 LED lights to come in (slow boat from China). Here is what my wife and I decided use on our trees:

Channel 1 Lip                          Rose

Channel 2 O mouth                 Yellow

Channel 3 Middle mouth         Yellow

Channel 4 Bottom mouth        Orange

Channel 5 Lower lip                Yellow

Channel 6 Eyes open              Dark Blue

Channel 7 Eyes closed           Red

Channel 8 Tree outline           Green

My channels for 4 and 5 are switched from what you have listed above.  Don't know how it will look but that is what I am going with.

After kicking this around for a couple of months, I decided to order the quartet of singing trees from Holiday Coro and try to get them into my display for this year. For those of you that have these, What colors have you used for them? And what is the preference for lights, incans or led's? I am looking at the led's, but this late in the game not sure there worth the price to get this done with led's. 

Thanks for any info

Wayne

IMO LED's are worth the price the colors are really vibrant on the trees.......Your viewers will really like them ......I used the quartet last year and every one thought they were the best thing in the display. My outline is green ........eyes open blue  and every thing else white. 

Thanks everyone so far. I have watched the Holiday coro video's several times and just thought I would ask what people where using also.

Thanks

Wayne