Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LOR... Need a lot of help!

JayBo1967

I used a Mr Christmas controller last year and it was OK. But this year my wife gave me a green light to get a LOR set-up. I am new to this and don't really know what I am getting into. I am looking at the 64 channel starter kit. I was looking at the G3-MP3 and wanted to know how it works. Is it a stand alone controller or do I still need to make sequences with the software?

Think of the G3-MP3 as a small computer running the show. You put in a SD card with instructions, and it takes care of the rest. You would still need to make sequences with the software, or get them elsewhere. There are places you can get them free and paid.

As long as your MP3 Director is connected to a POWERED LOR Controller, like a CTB16PC via a Cat5 cable {recommended length I believe is 50 feet - well for the older one I use}, but I have used up to a 75 foot Cat5 with mine and still ran my show with no issues.  As Don said, you'll still have to sequence any songs you may want to use or download them from folks that share them, or buy them from LOR or places like WOW Lights.  BTW: you can also buy a 12VDC adapter to power your G3 MP3 Director from LOR if you don't want to link it via Cat5 to a live controller, which in my opinion, linking via Cat5 to a powered controller is the easiest and best way to utilize your Showtime Director.