Light-O-Rama Forums

visualizer in superstar makes no sense

mark obermiller

I will try and be as clear as possible.  I set up 8 arches in the visualizer.  The 8 arches are 60 pixels each.  Each arch is labeled 1 thru 8.  The arches are set up as dmx universes with 2 arches in their own universe.  Arch 1 and 2 in universe 1, 3 and 4 in universe 2 and so on.  Channel 1 is on the left leg of the arch as is channel 181 on the 2nd arch in the universe. 

When I download the visualizer file into superstar, superstar puts the channels wherever it wants to on the grid.  It makes no sense.  When I upload a single arch and its size is small superstar puts the channel 1 at the top of the arch instead of on the left leg.  When I expand the same arch superstar then puts channel 1 where it belongs on the left leg.

I am using version 3.10.6.  I was going to upload my visualizer file but it is too big.

Thanks for the help in advance. 

OK, I just opened the file I sent to you Brian in SS.  The channels are now where they should be.  I now have another question.  My top grid line turns on arch 4, the 2nd turns on arch 3, the 3rd 2, and 4 turns on 1. Line 5 turns on 5, 6 turns on 6, 7 turns on 7, and 8 for 8.  When I set up 3 arches on the visualizer the top grid line turns on 1 like I want. 2 turns on 2 and 3 turns on 3.  This is very confusing.  I would like for the top line to be for arch 1 and so on.

Thanks!  

I just looked at the visualization file, with the sequencing row max length set to the default of 50 you get a truly bizarre sequencing grid, and I'm not sure why it is doing it that way.

But if you set the sequencing row Max Length to 60 then it comes up with something reasonable, I get 8 green sequencing rows with arch #1 being on the top, arch #2 being second from the top, on down to arch #8 being on the bottom. Also, when importing the visualization, set the Sequencing Grid to "Horizontal" and it will behave better than if you do it "Vertical."

If I import the visualization file with Sequencing Grid Max Length set to 120, then it can put 2 arches on each row and you get 4 sequencing rows. Unfortunately the largest setting that you can do for Sequencing Grid Max Length is 200. If you could set it to 240 then it would put 4 arches on one row. I had to limit the setting to 200 because to go larger the green squares get so small they become unusable.

My top grid line turns on arch 4, the 2nd turns on arch 3, the 3rd 2, and 4 turns on 1. Line 5 turns on 5, 6 turns on 6, 7 turns on 7, and 8 for 8. 

Thanks!  

But if you set the sequencing row Max Length to 60 then it comes up with something reasonable, I get 8 green sequencing rows with arch #1 being on the top, arch #2 being second from the top, on down to arch #8 being on the bottom. Also, when importing the visualization, set the Sequencing Grid to "Horizontal" and it will behave better than if you do it "Vertical."

My sequencing rows are not corresponding to the arches like they did with you.  I have tried various settings on the set up box but so far I get the same results as above.  Are you using the latest version of SS?